Team Leader

Another three weeks passed and the cast around my arm was removed. These past few days I had spent them with in my apartment since I wasn't allowed to do any mission until I was fully recovered. I haven't had any contact with Tenten since she was released last week. The both of us would see each other in the streets, but we wouldn't say anything. I was avoiding her, I didn't want her to get hurt again.

I wanted to tell her something, anything at this point. But distance was the best thing right now. Giving her time to better herself from all the things we have experienced. I looked out the window, staring at the drops of rain that hit the glass and slowly raced down. I sat down on my desk and took out the photo album that I hard stored away. It was full of pictures from my days at the academy and when I started photography.

Many of the pictures were bad. They were either blurry or focused on one spot that had no relevance to what I wanted to capture. The further I went into the album the better they became. Some of them looked even better than the ones I take now. The next page though was full of pictures I totally forgot about, pictures of her when she used to wear her pink shirt and blue pants.

I took one out where she had the biggest smile on her face. A smile that had no worries at all and warmed up your heart. I stood up from the desk and went to the wall of my best pictures of all time. I pinned it up on the wall and took a step back looking at every single photo. It was something that I was proud of to have.

My attention was soon drawn to the porch window as a knock came from it. A man in black cloak and white cat anbu mask was standing outside in the pouring rain. I quickly went down the stairs and opened the glass door.

"Lord Sixth is summoning you." He said in a flat tone.

"Already?! What does he want?" I asked.

"He has a mission for you." He said and jumped off from the porch. I slid the door closed and looked out at the dark cloudy sky as the rain began to pour down harder, obstructing my view of the village. I sighed out and walked over to my closet taking out some different clothes for this weather.

I slid into some black pants and put on my Konoha shirt and flak jacket. The new style felt far more better than the previous ones that were used during the war. The slimmer look with less pockets just looked better overall. I grabbed the a pair of black sandals from the entrance of my apartment and put them on. I also put on a long, dark grey, rain coat to make sure I didn't get wet. I zipped up the coat and put on the hood.

I checked around my apartment to make sure everything was locked before I left to the Hokage estate. Once I was done I walked over to the porch again and slid open the glass door. Locking it behind me once I stepped out, I jumped from there, to the roof of the neighbouring building.

I ran on top of the roofs until I shortly arrived at the Hokage's estate. I went in and walked up to the door of Lord Sixths office, knocking on it lightly. "Come in." He said from behind the door. I opened it and walked in, closing it behind me. I looked up, seeing Shikamaru and Shizune by his desk that was stacked with papers.

I walked up to the desk and bowed down a bit before standing back up. "I was told that you summoning me Lord Sixth." I said.

He held his hand up a bit. "No need to be so formal Y/n. But yes, I did call for you. I have a special mission for you."

"What kind?" I asked.

"I want you to temporarily leave your position in the anbu and become a team captain." He responded while searching for something on his desk.

"Team captain? I'm not sure if I'm suited for the responsibility of team captain, especially if it's with a bunch of academy graduates." I said. Lately my confidence has been a little bad. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to take on the challenge at the moment.