A Trip To Kumo: Akuma Cave Pt.1

"So, this is the cave then."

"Yeah, this is it." Y/n walked up to the gaping entrance of the cave and looked around it. "It's so dark! Not even the light from outside shines into it."

I walked up next to him and stared into what seemed like an empty darkness. A sudden ominous feeling draped over my body and made it feel heavy. "I don't think it's a good idea to go in Y/n." I said as I shifted a little closer to him. I looked up at him and a small smile crept up on his face.

He put his cloaks hood on and looked into the cave once again. "Nothing is ever a good idea when it comes to danger." He took a step into the cave and I followed behind. The heaviness grew far more with the single step and my lungs started to feel it as well. Y/n started doing some hand signs and clapped his hands to get her soon after. "Fire style: Illuminating Ball!" He slowly pulled his hands apart making a ball of fire between them.

"What are you doing?" I asked as the flaming ball grew to the size of his head.

"Darui said that fire doesn't seem to burn in the place. Although I think it's highly impossible, it could be that his place is an empty vacuum. We'll just have to see." Once the ball grew bigger he closed his hand and it levitated in front of him, like a balloon on a string. He lightly tapped it and it floated off into the dark abyss. "Seems like it works in there!" Then suddenly it blew out and disappeared into nothing. "Never mind."

I once again looked up at Y/n, who had a stern look in his face as he rubbed his chin with the tip of his index and middle finger. "Why don't you look into it with your Byakugan?" I suggested.

As soon as I finished speaking, the veins around his eyes bulged up. "What the hell?!" He said in a aggressive way.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, concerned.

"I...I can't see a thing in there! It all looks like a black fog!"

"Black fog?!" I looked back into the cave and the ominous feeling grew far more than what it originally was.

"It's the same as what I experienced back in Shimo when I went searching for you!" He said with the same aggression.

"You're telling that this has happened already?" I asked. He nodded and the veins went away, back to normal. These past few days I've seen many new expressions come from Y/n, but none of them came close to the amount of fear I could feel right now. I didn't know why he went this way, but something must've ticked him off.

"I'm going in!" He said as he unsheathed his sword.

"Wait!" I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. I didn't want him to go in. Not even if he were accompanied by Naruto or the best shinobi in the world. "We should go in through a different entrance! Like through the river!"

He hesitated for a bit, but then put his sword away. "Good idea! Might not be as dangerous." But as soon as he turned around the ground underneath us cracked a bit and he shoved me to the side. Somebody came flying out of the ground and punched Y/n in the gut, with a stone fist, sending him into one of the walls of the cave.

"Watch out!" I yelled out and grabbed my scroll from my waist. But before I could make a move water started surrounding me into a ball like shape. No! Not this again! I said to myself as I tried to make my way out of it. My heart started racing as I saw Y/n struggle against the person fighting him. They were showing no mercy at all. Every time he made an attempt to stand up, the person would punch him with their stone fist, making him fly around like a rag doll.

Suddenly a huge wave of water started making me spin in all directions within the water ball. I tired holding my breath, but the constant movement made it hard and I could feel my head getting lighter. My vision also got a bit hazy, and I could barely hear the muffled yelling going on outside. The water ball exploded and I plopped onto the hard, wet floor. I started coughing out the small amount of water I inhaled and took in deep breaths. I looked around for Y/n and I saw the figure that punched him, helping him up from the floor. "Y/n!" I managed to cough up as I tired standing up, but my light headed feeling made me collapse into the ground.