The Extraction: A Late Reunion

5 Years Ago...
*Tenten pov*

"Tenten did you hear we are getting someone new to the team for today's mission!" Lee says in his always hyped up way.

"Who told you?" I ask him.

"Guy sensei told me, he said it is someone that went to the academy with us!"

"Huh, I wonder who it is."

We both make our way to the village entrance to meet up with Neji and Guy sensei. Once we arrive we see this new person talking with Guy sensei and Neji. I couldn't see their face as their back was facing me, but that outfit looked familiar. They had a gray coloured kimono shirt, with some black pants and sandals. The most noticeable thing though, was the short katana this person carried around their left shoulder.

"Y/N!" Lee screams as he runs towards him excited.

Lee tackles him down into the ground before he had the chance to react. I get excited as well and run up to the group. Y/n manages to get away from Lee's grasp and stand up from the floor. He dusts himself off and readjusts his kimono.

"It's good to see you to Lee. next time though, DONT TACKLE ME INTO THE GROUND!!" Y/n yells at Lee.

This causes me to giggle a bit seeing that Y/n hasn't changed much since the last time I saw him. His looks a certainly changed though. He's gotten more muscular and taller than he was before. His voice has also deepened a bit more than it originally was back at the academy. He looks over at me and flashes me a smile.

"Hey Tenten, it's good to see you again." He says bowing down.

He seems to have gotten more formal now. He stands up straight again and looks up towards Guy sensei.

"Are we ready to leave now? He asks Guy sensei.

"Yes I just have to explain the mission to these three and we can be on our way." He responds to Y/n. "Our mission is to capture a rogue ninja from the leaf. He worked for a top secret unit for the village and we need to capture him as fast as we can. Y/n has been assigned to the team for help. Although, his mission is different from ours, that's all I can say."

We all nod in agreement and follow Guy sensei through the trees. Y/n has been gone for five years. None of us knew why he left, Lee was the one who took it the hardest when he told us that his time was up with us. I look over to my left side to see Y/n and Neji next to each other. Y/n has a straight face while Neji seems to have a mad facial expression. Y/n looks in my direction and smiles again.

"Is everything alright?" He asks

"Yeah, everything is fine!" I say looking away from him.

"Very well."

"Y/n can we get any information on this ninja?!" Lee asks from behind us.

"We are going after a ninja named Shi Karagami. He worked in a secret division that I am not able to talk about. Lately this man has had a change of heart and took some scrolls containing information that can't leave the village. Lady Tsunade has tasked you guys to help me capture him, after that you will be free to go." He tells us.

Lee nods, acknowledging what Y/n just told him.

"What does this guy look like?" I ask Y/n.

"He's a fairly tall guy, with brown hair, yellow coloured eyes, and has a scar on his face, that goes from his cheek up to his ear. He was last spotted near a village a few kilometers from the border of the land of rain."

"Is there anything else we should know?" Neji asks.

"He is very talented is snow style." Y/n responds.