Awake

"So I've been out for a three weeks then?" I raised up my right hand, looking at the white cast over it.

"Yeah, a whole three weeks of just recovery." Hiromi walked up to me and gave me a small cup of water.

I couldn't remember what happened after I was stuck in the room with all those dead Kumo ninja. But the smell of their decaying bodies was still fresh in my nose. "What happened? I can't remember anything at all." I asked trying to remember the events of that day.

Hiromi took a seat next to me. Her mood changed as soon as I asked, it was almost gloomy. "You lost control again." She said. "You went to an uncontrollable rage. Itsuo couldn't even calm you down."

"Don't tell me he tried to use the Mind Transfer Technique again. Last time he did it he lost conscious for a week!" I said in a serious voice frightening Hiromi. I noticed and instantly calmed down taking a few deep breaths. "What about...is Tenten...did anything happen to her?" I mumbled out.

Hiromi looked out the window before responding. She had the look of hesitation when she looked back at me. "She's...well, she's doing better. They have her in a medically induced coma. She was hit in the back, got four long nasty wounds on her back, could almost see her spine. Dislocated her shoulder when she moved you out the way. She lost quite a bit of blood as well, needed a transfusion back over there in Kumogakure. We stayed there for about five days then, with the help of Hokage guard platoon, we came back and since then, the both of you have been hospitalised here."

I took a drink of the water given to me and tossed it away in the trash. It's all my fault! I thought to myself. It was true. If I had rejected her offer to accompany me, none of this would've happened. She wouldn't be injured and in a coma. I gripped the white sheet over me tightly with my good hand. Hiromi noticed and placed her hand over mine. I looked over at her, she had a worried face.

"It's all gonna be alright Y/n." She was forcing a smile in attempts to calm me down. It worked to a certain degree. I was still mad with myself though, the girl that I loved was somewhere in the hospital unconscious cause of me.

"Where is she?" I asked Hiromi.

"I think she is five rooms down the next hall, the left hall." She replied. I began tried moving off the bed, but the pain around my ribs didn't allow me to move much. Also the fact that Hiromi pushed me back on the bed and held my down by the shoulder. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I gotta go she her right now." I moved her hands off me and used momentum to get myself off the bed. It hurt so much, but I had to see her, even if she wasn't awake.

"Y/n I don't think that's a good idea right now!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Why?!" I snapped at her.

Hiromi let go of my wrist. Her whole attitude changed and I could feel it. "She's scared of you." She said with a straight and serious face.

"Scared. What do you mean scared?" I asked annoyed.

Hiromi cleared her throat. I knew why she was scared of me. Even without knowing what I did exactly after my mind went blank, I could tell it was something like usual. "Y/n, I know you love her, it's obvious. But what you did back then absolutely shocked her. Hell, even I was scared of you at that moment. I've seen you when that thing takes over your mind, but I've never seen you do that to a person. It would be best if you ju-"

I held my hand up to her face. "You can stop there." I sighed out. My little sister was even scared of me. I couldn't judge her though. Even I am scared of what I do when I go into that state of mind. I just wanted to be alone. "You can go now. I'd like to be alone for a while."  She tried to say something but I just stopped her every time. "Just...go."

She nodded softly and walked away from me, leaving the room. I walked up to the door and locked it behind her.  I was alone with my thoughts. Part of me wanted to run away from Konoha, leave everything behind. Live in the wild where no one could find me, keep everyone safe from me.

But the other part wanted to stay here. Stay with everyone that I know, to protect the peace we have, and work endlessly to make sure the smaller nations have the same peace as well. To stay here with Tenten, even if she didn't love me back. How could she ever love someone like me? A murderer who killed anyone in his way.

I looked at my hands. I could still see the blood of my victims stained on them. Never washing off no matter how hard or how many times I tried. Closing my eyes didn't help either, their faces were carved into my mind like the stone faces of the hokage. I slammed my fist against the thick wall, cracking it a bit.

There was a soft knock on the door. It startled me a bit. I went over and unlocked it, then opened the door a bit. It was Lee and Guy sensei. Guy sensei had a basket of fruit on his lap. "Oh, you're awake?!" Guy said surprised.

"Yeah I just woke up." I spoke softly.

"Are you feeling alright Y/n?" Lee asked obviously concerned.

"My head, it's been killing me." I lied. I was perfectly fine, I just didn't want them to know, knowing how energetic the two are.

"Here, we brought you this." Guy sensei gave me the basket and flashed his toothy smile with his signature thumbs up. "Hope you get better soon!"

"Thank you very much Guy Sensei." I bowed down a bit. The two of them went down the hall then took a turn to the left. I was about to close the door, but some one was staring at me menacingly. "What do you want?" I asked

"This is all your fault, you know that. Tenten is here because of you, all of this wouldn't have happened if you didn't accept her offer." Neji said coldly with his arms folded.

I flipped him off. "Fuck you too!" I slammed the door shut and locked it.

To be continued....

Here's a small chapter I wrote just to continue the story. Not really the best but it's something I wanted to write Instead of having a time skip and explain everything that happened. Anyways, hope yall liked this small chapter. Yams out 🍠