A Trip to Kumo: Altercation In Shimogakure

Three days have passed since we left Yugakure. The two of us are half way through the land of frost. The bitter cold and snow storm have left us waiting for it to end in a small cave. I was reading a book while Tenten was polishing her weapons. I created a fire for the both of us to help us with the cold winds that would blow in from the storm going on. Even with the cloaks we had it still seemed like that wasn't enough to keep the two of us warm. I closed my book and looked over at Tenten, who looked like she didn't have a care in the world.

"So, do you still do all that fortune telling stuff you did back then in the academy?" I asked Tenten, while she was admiring the shining edge of her blades set out in front of her.

It was quiet for a few second again while the sound of crackling fire filled the quiet space. "Yeah I still do every once in a while, why do you ask?"

I put the book away in my bag and laid down on the dirt floor. "Don't know, I just wanted to see if you still did that stuff." Ever since we were in the academy Tenten always had her face glued to palmistry and fortune reading books.

I could see her pouting a bit with her cheeks flushed red. "You think that's stupid, don't you?" She crossed her arms and looked over towards me.

"No, quite opposite actually. I think it's really cool you know! Being able to tell ones fortune and life just with the palm or cards!" I sat back up looked over at the girl with a smile on my face. "In fact, could you read my palm right now!" She looked quite surprised at what she had just heard. "I mean only if it's cool with you, obviously."

She smiled and nodded-like a child who was just asked if they wanted to go to the park. She rushed over towards me and pulled me closer to the fire. Tenten grabbed my hand and started examining with both her eyes and finger tips, the lines, bumps, and the shape of my palm. The lengths of my fingers were even being focused on. "You have water hands." She said, which just confused me a lot.

I just smiled." Water hands?"

"Yeah, there are four type of hand nature's, water, air, fire, and earth. You have water."

"And what does that mean?" I asked still visibly confused.

"It mean that you are in tune with your intuition, emotions, and psychic abilities. You are also filled by imagination and compassion. You are also considered very creative." She explained to me while still looking at the hand. "It also seems like you posses all the mounts and plains."

"You're telling me as if I'm an expert in...this."

"Hold on I'll explain it all!" She went over what I assume are mounts with her index feeling their placement and spacing between them all. "This one right here is the mount of Jupiter."

"Like the planet?"
....

Tenten giggled a bit. "Yes like the planet! This mount here symbolises ambition, leadership, and confidence. It's also a connection with the spiritual realm and divine aptitude's." Y/n just nodded and let her continue with her explanation." This other one is the mount of Saturn, and yes like the planet, this part goes along with fortitude, wisdom, and responsibility. It also reveals ones deep understandings of the ups and downs in life. The next one is-"

"What no way!" He cut off Tenten's palm reading when he saw something familiar around her neck. "You still have the necklace I gave you all those years ago!" Y/n reached out and grabbed the amethyst around her neck.

"Of course I have it!" She grabbed the amethyst from Y/n hand and started clutched it tightly. "I keep everything that you have given me." Her face went flushed again.

"Wait, does that mean you still have the chakra cannon?" He asked.

"Sadly that's the only thing I don't really have anymore." Tenten said in a quiet voice.