Valley of Smog: Infiltration

Getting the rest of Taishiro's team to join was fairly easy. They all had the will to fight, but they did have one condition. That was to get Yusako back from these sick
People. Apparently this girl is considered the golden child to the organisation. The perfect result from all the countless experiments done. Taishiro explained to me that this girl is experiment number four hundred-seventy-five. The fact that they even thought about experimenting on anyone makes me sick. Just like that son of a bitch Orochimaru.

Most of my body has gone back to normal. All my veins went back to their normal colour, besides the ones around my neck. My hearing has slowly returned, but most noises made sound all slightly muffled, as if I had cotton, or something like that, stuffed into my ears.

Shiori walks up to where I was sitting with another protein bar in hand.

Shiori: This is all we have. Left food back at camp.

Y/n: Thank you.

I grabbed the bar and proceeded to take off it wrapping. They weren't my favourite thing to eat at all, especially the chocolate ones. The chocolate protein bars left my mouth dryer than the sands of Sunagakure. And especially their taste, such awfulness. It tastes like wheat that has been lightly dipped in the remain smudges of chocolate around the edge of a bowl. At that point, there was no reason for the flavour at all. The first bite is the only good part though.

Looking at the others, they looked so happy to be eating the little food that we brought with us. It's probably been a while since they last ate something. Such a horrible place to live in, I wish I could do something to make it better for those who live here. Most of them probably haven't seen the magnificent sight of the sun at all, or the moon. All that smog from the factories block everything. They probably haven't smelled fresh air at all either. I'm quite surprised they haven't died from some sort of lung disease. But I guess when you're an experiment you end up being cleared of anything that can cause harm in the future.

But something did catch my attention, something they all had. I noticed that they all have an octagram behind their right ears, it was small but noticeable. I held my hand up, calling over Kira to my spot. If I am to take down these people, I need to know everything that I can about them, no detail is to small. Kira quickly came over and I reached over for my notebook and pencil. I opened to a fresh page and began to write as quickly, and neatly, as I could.

Y/n: What is that thing behind you guys have behind your ear?

He rubbed his finger over the mark behind his ear. There was a sudden change in the atmosphere around us, it felt very dark, uncomfortable. "Taishiro has probably told you, but almost all of us here were taken from our homes a few years ago." I remember what the blonde kid told me, how they were literally stripped away from their family at night, like some boogeyman. "Those that they thought were perfect were marked with this thing here. They did all different types of experiments to us and on our brains."

Y/n: If you don't mind me asking, what type of things did they do?

I showed him what I wrote down, which made him freeze a bit. "Well...as far as I know, they wanted to use our bodies as a vessel for this dark chakra, or something like that. I'm not really sure. If you want to know more, Nori and Mamoru are your best chances at getting better information about it. They saw what happened first hand." He walked away and went over to Taishiro.

~~~~

The more I think about it the more I realise that I am full of anger inside. But why? Why am I angry all the time? Is it from all the pressure I have put on myself? Doing things that no one asked me to do. Or is it the regret that I have from my horrible action that I have done before this moment? Hopefully after this mission I can calm that anger down and feel a bit a joy for doing something that I feel has changed the world. Hopefully.