Chapter 58

I sped into my dorm and slammed the door shut, breathing heavily. I paced the length of the room before letting out a scream flipping the mattress. I knocked things off shelves and walls before kicking furniture over. I leaned my forehead against the mirror in tears. It kept playing in my mind on replay non-stop. I slammed my fist into the mirror multiple times even after it had shattered into hundreds of pieces. I slid to the floor before breaking down. I looked from the floor and breathed heavily. I shuddered getting to my feet. I wiped the tears from face as I looked down at the shard of glass at my feet. I knelt down and picked it up, looking at my reflection. My eyes were changed. They had pitch black sclera with bright fiery orange irises with a tinge of violet around them. I glanced up from the reflective shard in my hand and dropped it to the floor. Heartbreak is a common occurrence within the Mikaelson family. It's happened to everyone in my family. There's not one person in my family who hasn't been touched by the hand that which crushes hearts. It was bound to happen to me eventually....again. There was a rapping at my door. "Stiles! We need to talk! Please!" Josie called out from beyond the door. "She's either the most stupid person on the planet or really brave." The demon announced appearing within the remains of the shattered mirror hanging on the wall and the rest of the glass shards littering the floor. He was dressed in a stark white slim-fitting suit. He had a black long-sleeved silk dress shirt with the top three buttons undone and black leather dress shoes. His smoke-like black hair was styled in a long messy undercut. And his eyes were nothing but black. His facial hair was a 5 o'clock shadow. He looked like a prince of darkness straight out of hell. "Oh my...look at your options...Let's take a look, shall we?" He said almost glitching out of the mirror into this reality. He glitched to the door where he stood examining the dark oak door; his hands in his pant pockets. "You and I both know what happens if you were to open this door, Niklaus. You open Door #1 you will inevitably drain the witch behind it because of your lack of self-control at the moment and your heightened emotions which happens to be both rage and pain." He explained looking at me. His body glitched a moment showing two more versions of the demon coming out from his right and left side screaming out in fury before returning back into demon's body. The demon glitched away from the door to reappear sitting in the nook staring out the window. "Or you can check behind Window #1. You're only means of escape that doesn't end with us murdering people. My my. The suspense. It almost feels like a game. What'll it be? I'd choose quickly though...I can only hold you back for so long, child. " The fox stated getting to his feet and looking at me. The window opened as the demon crossed his arms. I looked at him and the door before looking back at the demon to find he was gone. And to also find myself already at the window. "Stiles! Listen to me, I'm sorry." Josie called out. "Saying sorry can only get a person so far. Actions speak louder than words in this case." The fox said before I dropped to the ground outside and sped into the woods.