Chapter 29

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I left the bathroom and walked down the hall to bump into Josie who was in a towel as well. My eyes went wide as my face went red instantaneously. I looked away. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you." I apologized refusing to look at anywhere but her beautiful brown eyes. Her face was about as red as mine. "Uh...it's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going." She countered. "Can we talk? I mean...after we get dressed and deal with...our parents. I really want to talk to you." I said. She nodded her head uncomfortably. "Right....Okay. Well...uh...I'm going this  way." I said pointing behind her with a small chuckle. "Right. Yeah. I'm going that way." Josie responded pointing passed me. I moved around her and walked to my dorm room.

After I had gotten dressed, I headed to Dr. Saltzman's office and found my mother waiting patiently with a tearful Hope. They looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I said walking to my mom and pulling her into a hug. "I was just so mad. Mad at you for leaving when I needed you most. I've been so angry at the world for not having you or dad around. I don't want you to go." I said breaking down as soon as she hugged me back. "Honey...I'll always forgive you. No matter what you do. I watch over you everyday...a piece of advice...Don't deny your feelings and push them away. If you do, it'll only make things worse...for the both of you." Mom said gesturing Hope to join us. Trust me, there's no place in this world that I'd rather be than right here with you two. Watching you two grow up and become bright people. That's all me and your dad have ever wanted for you two." She said. "Hope...I need you to do something for me...I need you to be strong and watch over your brother and take care of him. Stiles...I want to do the same." She said. "I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay!" I said as tears rolled down my cheek.

"And I want...you to be happy. You can't do that if you're holding in your rage and emotions like a ticking time bomb. I get that you carry powerful dark demons, Nik. I really do. But I need you to be better than them. Resist the temptation to use their power." She said. "I don't know if I can." I croaked. "I know you can. Wanna know how? Because you're a Mikaelson." She said with a smile. "And if your dad the baddest and cruelest person in history can become a loving and caring father...then you can do this." She stated. The door opened and a teary-eyed Saltzman trio walked in. "Ready?" Alaric asked. "Yeah." Mom said sniffling as she wiped her eyes. She let go of Hope and me, walking over to Josie and Lizzie. "You two have grown into two beautiful young women." She said smiling. "Alright. I'm ready." She said grabbing the hands of the two Saltzman twins. Her hands glowed as Josie and Lizzie said an incantation. Mom disappeared in thin air looking at Hope and me with a smile.