Chapter 15

I went into the assembly room and sat next to my sister. She looked at me and smiled. "It looks good on you." She whispered as Dr  Saltzman continued to talk about a missing people. I looked at Hope. "You think?" I asked. "You look so much like our dad." She said smiling. I smiled. "Thought I looked more like Kol?" I asked. She looked me over. "Kinda but you're really more 2/3 our parents and 1/3 Elijah." She said. I chuckled with a scoff as I playfully shoved her. "So...who went missing?" I asked pointing at Sheriff Donovan. "Oh...two Mystic Falls High Girls. Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux." Hope explained. My eyes widened. "Dana?" I asked. "Yeah. Went missing last night." She added before Lizzie stood up. "Well, I guess I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day, because that is what heroes do." She said standing in front of the podium. Hope and I shared a glance. "So...I volunteer as tribute." Lizzie added. I raised a brow. "She battles one gargoyle, and suddenly, she's Mother Teresa." Hope teased. "That's ironic." I quipped. "I'm in." I heard. I turned to the right to see Kaleb standing. MG stood up next. "I'm in, too." He stated. Alaric looked at me and my sister. Hope stood up first. "I'd like to help." She said. My eyes widened as I looked at her. She looked down at me. I shook my head slightly. I rolled my eyes with a sigh. "And so would I." I said raising my hand into the air. I could feel the Saltzman twins' eyes on me. 

"Who are you, and what have you done with Hope Mikaelson?" Alaric asked my sister as she trained with him. "I never got to go to real school. I've always wanted to know what it's like to be normal for a day instead of being a tri-brid loner." Hope said getting back to training. "Yeah, well, that's a bed you made for yourself." Alaric countered. "Not looking for a social lecture. So, what's your plan with Landon? Does he, like, go here now?" Hope asked. I stopped fighting to look at  Dr. Saltzman. "Why? You two still thinking about murdering him? 'Cause there's a knife that sat dormant for centuries that started attracting mythical creatures the day he took possession of it. I'd say there's a lot we need to learn about him." Alaric explained. "And then what? We kick him to the curb?" Hope asked. At this point, I had walked away to sit on the floor against the gym wall. "Then we decide to do what's best for the people of this school. Any idea what to do with him while we search for missing mean girls?" Hope asked. "As a matter of fact, yes." Alaric said before walking out of the gym. I scratched the back of my head as I got to my feet.