Chapter 26

"Mom?" I asked again taking a step back. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She took a step towards me. "I don't know how I'm here. The last thing I remember is taking down Greta." She said. "I'm sure you do. Get away from me." I said backing away. "Stiles." She said speeding over to me and grabbing me by the shoulders. My eyes widened in fear. "You're dead." I said. "I know I am so I'm confused as to how I'm even here right now." She explained. "I need your help to go back." She said. "Why should I help you? How do I know you're not here for the knife?" I asked glaring at her yanking my arms free. "What are you talking about? What knife?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows. "Honey. I literally just woke up and found myself here." She said. I glanced at her when my door swung open and Hope walked in. "Stiles. Josie is lookin--" Hope said stopping mid-sentence to stare at our revived mother. "Mom." She said shocked. "Hope." She said with a smile. She turned around and left the room without a word. "Follow me." I said to mom leaving the room as well.

I headed to Dr. Saltzman's office and walked in. "Stiles. I can't really--deal with...Hayley?" He said looking at mom with surprise. I took a seat in a chair while Hayley looked at Alaric. "Hayley...you're alive. He said. "I'm not supposed to be." She said. "Someone is bringing people back." He stated looking at me. "The knife?" I asked. "My dead fiancée is back. And now your mother is back. Coincidence?" He asked. "Three's a pattern." I said crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm with you, Dr. Saltzman. I can't deal with this right now. I have to go get Josie and Lizzie's presents." I said getting to my feet leaving the office leaving mom with him.

J   O   S   I   E

I walked down a hall and found Hope leaning against a wall struggling to breathe. I hurried over to her. "Hope? Hope, what's wrong?" I asked kneeling down beside her. She was holding back tears as she tried to breathe. "She's back." She wheezed. "Who's back?" I asked looking into her eyes. She started to hyperventilate. "Hope? Hope!" I said a look of worry in my eyes. A gust of wind made my hair fly to the left. I looked to see a woman standing behind me. "Her...she's....back." Hope wheezed again clutching her chest. "Hope? Sweetie I need you to look at me. Look at me." Hope's mother said squatting down in front of her. Loud rapid footfalls echoed throughout the school. "HOPE?!" Nik screamed. He rounded the corner and skidded to a stop with a distressed look on his face. He jogged over to us staring at his sister. He slid down beside her grabbing her hand. Hope looked at at her brother and at the resurrected mother. Hope calmed down once Nik showed up. Stiles smiled at Hope and she returned it. "You're not allowed to do that to me again, got it? I happen to love my twin sister. No matter how annoying you are." He said smirking at her. Hope smiled as she rolled her eyes. "If you promise to not do the same." She said to him. "No promises." He joked helping her to her feet. "Uh...Ms. Marshall?" I asked. Their mom stood up and looked at me. She smiled at me. "Josie." She said. "How are you back?" I asked. "That's what I'm trying to figure out myself. I'm supposed to be dead." She said. "Me and Lizzie's biological mom is back also." I told her. "Wait what?" Hope asked looking at me. "Yeah. Dad's fiancée is back from the dead." I told her. "If someone else comes back..." Stiles said crossing his arms. "Three's a pattern." Hope finished. Stiles nodded his head. "Mom. I'm gonna need you to stay with Dr. Saltzman until he could figure out to fix this." Stiles said brushing past her and leaving us. I could tell having his mother back was painful for him. Especially since it's been two years since he lost her. I watched him go. "Don't worry, Josie. I'll keep an eye on him." Hope said offering me a smile. I smiled back watching her go after Nik. I looked at Ms. Marshall. "Well...I'll take you to Jo." I said leaving for Dad's office.