Part 27 | Could Have Been

LISA

Jennie is in her 8 month of pregnancy already, the most sensitive stage. But I always make sure that she eats healthy, exercise and visits her OB regularly. I also took a leave from the office since last week until Jennie gives birth to our twins. I was hands on when the twins' room was renovated.

Thank God I handled all her mood swings well for the past months. Thank God I'm always ready whenever my pregnant wife is horny. One time we were at the mall and she was so mad because I didn't want to do it inside the mall's comfort room. But I can't resist my wife, so, you know it happened. Good thing it was a high end mall where the comfort rooms are cleaned regularly, but still. She would even do it sometimes in the car. Like we're on our way to our destination then she would insist to pull over and have sex. We did it all over our house when my parents left already and went home to East Street. Jennie became more adventurous. I didn't know  pregnant women can be this so horny. But I was actually prepared for this since Dr. Adams already told me that it really happens to most of pregnant women when their sex drive increases.

Everything was fine. It was all good and we're so excited to face another chapter of our life as married couple until...

"Babe, come over here. Faster! Do you remember Alessa Moretti? She's all over the news!"I rushed when Jennie was screaming and told me to go downstairs.

"What is it?" I asked while hugging her from the back.

NEWS FLASH:

"Alessa Moretti, a 25 year old resident of Ciró Marina was arrested this morning for killing the Ricci family in the coast. It was a massacre. Moretti is confirmed to be the mistress of Orlando Ricci. She is also the daughter of the ex-convict Sergio Moretti who killed his wife Margarette Moretti. Based on our old files, the cause of the murder of Margarette was the vineyard she owned that she didn't want to transfer to Sergio. Before the murder happened, Sergio was able to have the title on his name."

A photo of Jennie's mother on the screen.

"What is this?" Jennie was shocked and became weak. I held her body tight. No tears are coming out from Jennie. I was too worried on her condition. She can't be mad right now knowing she is pregnant and it could affect her. What should I do. Should I call Dad so she can explain everything to Jennie? Or should I explain it myself. But I am not in the position to do so. I guided her to sit on the couch and took a glass of warm water for her.

After an hour, someone knocked on the door. Jennie and I are still in the living room. Not talking.  I opened it and yeah..Dad.

"Dad, she found out already."

Dad went to Jennie and sat facing her.

"Jen, let me explain everything." Dad said.

"I don't know what to believe anymore, Dad. You kept the truth away from me for 28 years. I have been living with this lie for 28 years. You told me my mother died because of giving birth to me. There were times when I was a kid that I regret being alive because I was the reason why my Mom died." Jennie's tears are starting to fall.

"Jennie, I am sorry. I am really sorry. I couldn't afford to tell you that your Mom has been cheating on me and I divorced our marriage when you were 1 year old. I don't want you to think that she is a bad mother." Dad almost kneeled in front of Jennie.

"But I deserved the truth!" Jennie screamed.

"I know. And I am sorry, baby." Dad didn't stop apologizing.

"Give me time, Dad. I don't want to see you right now. I am sorry." Jennie's tears keep on falling. Dad left and I didn't know what to say to Jennie. I came to hug her.

"So, the vineyard. I have concluded that you knew about my Mom all along, Lisa?" Shit. Here. This is it. I'm dead.

"Yes Jennie. I knew it all along. Your father told me before we met again. I bought it because it's the only memory of your Mom left. It was her vineyard." I said in a low tone.

She slapped me so hard.

"Of all people, Lisa. Of all people, you're the only one I expect to give and show me the truth. Why?" She asked with hard breathing.

"I am not in the position, Jen. I respect your Dad too. As much as I want to tell you so many times. So many fucking times." I kneeled.

"I don't want to see you." She said.

"Jen, forgive me. I am sorry." I begged.

"I am leaving." She said and went upstairs to our room. I followed.

"No. You're staying. I'll be the one to leave." I said as I change my clothes and wear my shoes.

"Your vitamins is in the dining table. Don't forget to take it. Call me if you need something. I love you Jen." I left the room. As much as I don't want to leave Jennie, I had to. I know she needs some space alone.

I was about to get in my car when my phone rang. It's Jennie.

"Lisaaaaa! Bring me to the hospital now!" Shit.

I rushed back upstairs and found blood flowing from her thighs.

"Jesus. Breathe, love. Breathe! Hang on. We're going to the hospital."  I carried her and rushed to the car.

I set the car in red alert so other drivers would know we have an emergency. We reached the hospital and immediately she was taken care of.

I lost my energy. Rosé, Jisoo and Mom came but I was too weak to speak. Jennie's Dad came over so he was the one who explained everything.

After a few hours, Jennie was already transferred to a room. Only one visitor is allowed at the moment so I was the one who entered her room first. The Doctor is also inside.

"Lisa, good thing you rushed her immediately here. The twins are safe now." Dr. Adams said.

"How about Jennie, Doc? Is she fine?" I asked.

"Yes. She's okay now. She lost some blood, but she will be better soon. Make sure not to stress her out again ok? It was not a joke Lisa. You could've lost her and the twins." I nodded.

After 2 days, I already took Jennie home. She's been cold to me and to her Dad. She only answers me with a nod whenever I talk to her.

I am still taking care of her even if she doesn't talk to me like the way she used to. It's as if she doesn't see me inside the house. I eat alone because she avoids me. It continued for 3 weeks.

A week from now is already her expected schedule to give birth. But still, she doesn't talk to me.

One night, I set up a candle light dinner in our backyard because I want to make her feel special and I am asking for her forgiveness again because everyday I am asking for it but didn't work.

She took the dinner I prepared for granted and never showed up in our backyard. She just stayed in our room.

I went out to get some air.