Part 22 | Confession

THIRD PERSON

"Babe, I'm home!" Lisa looked for Jennie right away when she arrived.

Jennie ran towards Lisa holding a tong because she's still cooking their dinner.

"I missed you baby. I love you! I love you!" Jennie is like a baby. She kissed Lisa all over her face.

"Hmmmmm. I missed you too, my mandu! Smells like I'm having the most delish dinner tonight huh?" Lisa told Jennie as she snaked her hands to Jennie's waist.

"I'm cooking grilled fish with lemon sauce since it's your new favorite, love!" Jennie is really a wife material.

"But you're the one I want to eat, love." Playful Lisa. Jennie slapped her arm.

They ate their dinner and as usual, Lisa eats a lot. That's why Jennie prefers to cook if she can so Lisa eats properly. After they finished their meal, Lisa took out a bottle of pink wine. Poured on Jennie's glass.

"Tell me baby how's the wine?" Lisa is actually nervous.

Jennie tasted it and her eyes went big.

"Oh my god Lisa. Where did you get this? This is the best wine I have ever tasted in my whole life, babe!" Jennie is a fan of wine. She knows how to distinguish ordinary and premium ones.

"I got it this afternoon." Lisa answered.

"Can I have more?" Jennie stood up and went towards Lisa and grabbed the bottle. Lisa just stared at Jennie and waited for the next thing to happen.

"You know, I can have this wine until Friday and—" Jennie's can't believe what she's seeing now.

A pink bottle of J' Pink Moscato wine.

"Lalisa!"

"You can not only have it til Friday, you'll have it forever if you want. Our production starts next week, Jennie." Lisa tells her with a smile and excitement. She is happy for Jennie.

"Thank you, baby! The moment I drank it, I told myself, hmmm I have tasted this wine already and very familiar. Only to find out, It's my own selection. Do you know that my father told me my Mom was also a wine lover? Jennie sat on Lisa's lap.

"As what I always tell you since we were young, my love, you deserve the best." Lisa looked at Jennie straight in the eye and kissed her.

They transferred at the backyard of their home to have some fresh air and to have the view of the lake. Lisa has her coffee and Jennie got her wine.

"How's your day, Baby?" Jennie asked Lisa.

"Good." Lisa is actually having thoughts of telling Jennie about her father. She can't take it anymore.

"Is that all, Babe?" Jennie asked.

Lisa drank the last drop of her coffee and placed the cup on the table. She carried her chair and sat in front of Jennie.

"Jennie, I love you. And you know, that love means, you deserve the best. The best comes with the truth always, right?" Lisa said.

"Yes, baby. Do you have something to say to me?" Jennie asked.

Lisa held Jennie's hand to hers.

"Listen. I don't want to lie to you. And I have this one thing I need to tell you."

"Go on, baby. I will listen. What is it about?" Jennie looks at her in the eyes.

"Your father." Lisa paused for a while.

Jennie drank her wine and poured another.

"Yeah? What about him?" Jennie asked with a serious face,

"I'm sorry if I lied earlier. He's the one I was with at lunch and not a broker."

"Why did you meet?" Jennie asked.

"Here. I knew all along that you are not in good terms with him since college. We have been in contact since we were young. Your father and I have been really, we can say, good friends since the first day I brought you home drunk. He trusted me when it comes to you."

Lisa paused. Jennie still stares at Lisa's eyes.

"Babe, your father could have been in prison 2 years ago. His company almost went bankrupt and there were some debts he needed to pay. I heard about it. I went to Seoul right away and reached out to him. At first, he didn't want to accept my money. But I insisted. So, we brought his company back and paid all the debts."

"Why did you help him? Jennie asked curiously.

"He is the father of the person I love. He treated me as daughter too. I could still remember when I brought you home one night. It was raining when my mother called me to rush to the hospital because Papa's heart needed to be operated. I didn't have my bicycle with me. I didn't have money to get a cab. Your father insisted to bring me to the hospital. He even paid for the bills. He's a good man, Jen. When the lake, you know, happened...I couldn't live with my guilt anymore. So, I came to your house one day, I told your Dad what I did to you and knelt in front of him and apologized. I was expecting punches, Jen. I was actually ready to die. But he didn't even scold me, Jen. He's the only person who understood when Rosé, Seulgi, Bam and my parents did not. He said it's just part of being in love. Your father is so in love with her wife now, Jen. She is his first love. But he loves you more that's why he chose to marry Aunt Michelle after you graduate so he would not give you stress while you still study. For 6 years, I never missed your father's birthday. He always missed you. What we just do is talk about you. We  were both longing for you."

Jennie's tears fell from her eyes. Lisa hugged her and rubbed his back.

"I am not telling you to forgive him immediately. I am here to understand what you feel. I am here to guide you when you need me. Sometimes we just have to open a room for acceptance in our hearts. I love you, Jen. We love you. I believe your Mom protects you."

"I love you, Lisa."

"I love you too, baby. I hope you and your father will be okay soon." Lisa said and comforted her.

"How is he, Lisa?" Jennie asked.

"Same strong, humorous and kind John. Same John who would not accept the fact that I am more handsome than him." Lisa made Jennie laugh.

"You should see your brother. He is your boy version. I swear. Not just your looks but as well as your attitude. That kid is so cute and calls me Oppa Lisa. Hahaha" Lisa added. Jennie smiled.

Jennie knows in her heart that he misses her father so much.