Part 14 | Music Mentor

JENNIE

Before I started my car, I sent Lisa a message.

Me: Good morning. I'm on my way to the office now. Going to grab coffee and bread at the 2nd floor later. Do you want anything?

Lalisa: Good morning, gorgeous! I just want you.

Me: Sweet talker. Will be there in a few. Will go straight to the music room at 15th floor for dance mentoring.

Lalisa: Okay. See you there then! You take care okay? Don't text and drive.

Me: Yes, boss!

While ordering my coffee, someone appeared beside me that made me squeal.

"What the hell, Jisoo. You startled me!" This chicken has still no maturity in her system.

"I missed you, Jennie! It's my first day at work today." She is excited for the job.

"You know what. You have a lot of explaining to do. Have lunch with me later, Chu." I told her.

"Huh? Have I done something wrong?" She asked as if she's innocent.

"A lot of wrongs, Kim Jisoo." I said as we walked towards the elevator.

I went out of the elevator and the receptionist at 15th floor greeted me.

"Good morning, Ms. Kim. Sorry the room is still occupied. Maybe you can wait for 15mins? Or you can actually stay inside if you want to." She said nicely.

"No. It's okay. I'll wait here at the couch or I'll drop my bag to my office first."

I said.

"Oh. You want me to bring it to your office for you, Ma'am? We're sorry. The music mentor started late this morning because Mino is on sick leave. So, we informed the boss and good thing she agreed with Ms. Seulgi's request that she'll take over for today." She explained.

I was surprised. Did I hear it right? Lisa is mentoring the trainees now?

"Wait, you mean, Lisa is the one inside mentoring our trainees?" I asked.

She nodded. I heard a voice as an intro of a song from inside the room since the door is not fully closed. Then there goes the piano. What a beautiful music.

"Go inside, Ma'am. It's an opportunity to see and hear the boss performing. It's a once in a blue moon chance." She just encouraged me, So, I walked in.

There's Lisa playing the piano and singing with other trainees playing instruments.The others are listening to them. She didn't notice me coming in. Too focused on her performance. The song is familiar. It resembles her playlist in her car. I think it's also from one of her favorite bands.

I can't let this chance pass without taking a video of her. So, I took my phone out and recorded them.

They stopped playing because Lisa has some points and advice to tell the trainees.

Then here...it's about to start again with her voice singing the intro.

(Author: I actually put the music video of this song. I am so in love with Ben & Ben and their songs.)

My heart.

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?

Paper planes and porcelain
Smell of rain through the window pane
And the sight of you
Oh, you were a good dream

I was scared to lose you then
But secrets turn into regrets
Buried feelings grow
Oh, you were a good dream

I know Lisa can sing. But back in our younger years, she wouldn't join school activities. Her voice is captivating. She's really good at it. I want more of her singing. It's my first time to hear her sing a full song.

Was there a lifetime waiting for us in a world where I was yours?
Was it the wrong time, what if we tried giving in a little more
To the warmth we had before?

I didn't know Lisa can handle the trainees well. Wait, Jennie. She wouldn't be the Top Gem of the Entertainment Industry if she can't, right?

Tangled with another's eyes
Never mind, you were never mine
Glimpse of me and you
Oh, you were a good dream

Never mind, you were never mine----ouch. Sounds very familiar, Lisa.A lot of memories of us in the past is going through my mind right now. I have to compose myself. You shouldn't cry, Jennie Kim. Fck. Do you know how handsome you are now, Lalisa? I need some air!

I'd spend a lifetime waiting in vain just to go back to the way we were before
Was it the wrong time, what if we tried giving in a little more
To the warmth we had before?

I love you, Lisa. We will never be separated again. This performance makes me want to ask her now if she can be my girlfriend. But, no, it should be more intimate. Romantic.

You will be mine, Manoban. Only mine.

They finished the song and the trainees cheered and too obvious they enjoyed their session with Lisa. I can hear them asking Lisa for another song, but she said, It's time for my dance mentoring. She gave them serious advice and it's very encouraging.

I can't stop looking at her. She shifted her gaze to me and looked surprised.

She approached me.

"Hi. You just arrived?" She asked hoping I didn't see everything.

"You were so sexy in there. Your voice makes me want to kiss you while you perform."I whispered to her.

She held my waist and pulled me closer to her.

"Can I still get that kiss now before I go back to my office?" She is really hopeful. You're cute Lisa.

I just smiled at her and greeted the trainees and started our session.