Part 25 | We're Four

LISA

"Babe, are you sure about having the wedding this month already?" Jennie asked me as she prepare coffee for me in my office.

"Yes. Why? You want to move it to another day? Just tell me, love." I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"No. I mean, all the preparations. Can we do it?" She asked worriedly.

"I have my ways, Jen. All you have to do is approve. Tell me whatever you want about the theme, flowers, the cake, place, your dress, everything. Irene did send you the run downs, didn't she?" I asked.

"She did, Lis. It's just that, I am too nervous. I am going to be married only once in my life. I want this to be memorable." She pouted.

"Ooooooh. Don't worry too much please. If you're going to ask me, I can marry you now if you want. But of course, I waited for this all my life, I want it to be special and unforgettable." I told her and she gave me my coffee.

"Me too. Can we have a simple wedding? I just want it to be simple, Lis. Intimate. Less people, less media. You know. This is about us and the people we love." She said while back hugging me as we go to my desk.

"Sure. That's what I want too. So, morning or afternoon?" I asked.

"Afternoon." She answered and I nodded. She went out of my office and do some stuff at hers.

"You look pale. Are you okay?" I notice Jennie is feeling a bit uneasy.

"Yes. Don't worry about me." She said. I brought her to her office.

Everything is planned already for the wedding. All she has to do is approve everything and tell us what she wants. I am actually nervous a while ago. I thought she changed her mind or having second thoughts to marry me.

I went to Jennie's office and told her I'll pick her up later after my meeting  and invited her for dinner outside.

Hours have passed and I am off for two meetings outside which one is with my brother Bam at L' Group, my other company consisting of chain of restaurants, lifestyle and real estate. I visit L' Group just once a month since Bam is sending me all the reports

regularly. I have let our tech group installed a system as well where I can have all the access to L' Group's data, files and other thing I need whenever I'm at L'Arts. That's why people there at L' Group are scared whenever I came around because they just see me once in a blue moon. Let's just say, L'Arts is really close to my heart. I built L'Group first so I could fund myself to build L'Arts.

I finished my meeting with Jungkook. He's the one I trusted for the building of Jennie's dream coffee shop. He is one of L'Group's scholars that I chose from the slums of Seoul. Jennie has forgotten about the coffee shop actually when we arrived back to New York from Italy. But I haven't. She's been busy filming a movie, her TV shows and commercials, also at work. She really loves mentoring our trainees. So, I did it my way. I haven't said a word to her about this because I want it to be a surprise and I want everything to be settled first before telling her. All she has to do now is think of a name.

I arrived at L' Group. I noticed the employees here turned stiff when they saw me. I just smiled at the them to lessen their tensions.

On my way to my own office, I saw a young girl, maybe at her 21, fell on the floor.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I helped her get up and collected her stuff scattered on the floor.

"Ms. Lalisa! Oh my god. I am sorry. I was too clumsy." She said with a scared face.

"Are you okay? You want me to bring you to the clinic, Ms.?" I asked with concern.

"No. I'm fine. My name is Sana." She introduced herself.

"You take care, Sana." I left her and lead my way to my office where some of my people are waiting for me for a fast meeting. Bam is already there too.

We started our meeting and it's glad to know that L' Group is really doing well. I commended my brother for everything. I also praised all the Heads and employees for doing a great job.

My phone rang. It's Jisoo.

"Lis, hurry! Meet us at Lincoln Hospital." Jisoo's voice is shaking.

"Chu, what happened?" I got really nervous.

"Jennie. She fainted." Jesus.

I ended the meeting and everyone was worried when I told them about what happened to Jennie. I rushed my ass out of the company and drove going to the hospital.

I arrived in a room and saw Jennie lying on bed.

"Love, what happened?" I hugged and kissed her. She smiled at me like nothing happened.

"I am sorry I was not at L'Arts this afternoon. I reall—" I said when someone cut me off.

"Hi Ms. Manoban. I am Doctor Christina Adams." She offered a hand shake.

"Hi Doc Adams. How's Jennie? What happened to her?" I asked.

"Don't worry. Jennie just felt dizzy. That's normal because the growing of her uterus puts pressure in her blood vessels. It's normal for a pr—" I cut her off.

"Growing of the uterus? Is Jennie--?"

"We're 3 months pregnant, babe!" Jennie said with a big smile on her face.

I'm speechless. My butt fell to the chair beside Jennie's bed and stared blankly for a while. Everyone is waiting for me to speak.

"My dreams are really coming true." I said as I still stare blankly in the air.

Jennie laughed and hearing it brought me back to reality.

"You're really crazy, Lisa. Come here." Jennie called my attention.

Everyone in the room laughed at me even Dr. Adams.

I hugged Jennie and kissed her nonstop.

"I promise, I will be a good provider. I will never let our child experience all the hardships I had. I'll give our future kids complete meals, decent clothes and unlimited movie dates when they grow up. I swear baby, I will be the best partner you can have." I said to Jennie while my tears are flowing from my eyes.

"I know you will be." Jennie said while rubbing my face with her thumb.

"By the way, Ms. Manoban, I have conducted fetal ultrasound to Jennie and we saw twins." The Doctor said. My eyes went big.

"Ms. Manoban, by the end of Ms. Kim's third month, your babies will be fully formed. I will give you the schedule of her next check-up and all she needs for the rest of the month. Your fiancé needs to rest most of the time. Make sure what she eats healthy for her and for your twins. You can't avoid morning sickness, Jennie. Ms. Manoban, mood swings and food cravings are on their way. Follow me to my office so I can give you a list and also if you have some questions, Ms. Manoban." Dr. Adams added.

Upon hearing those words from the Doctor, I can't stop smiling.

I can't control my happiness anymore. I immediately called my parents and Jennie's Dad. My parents also decided to stay at our house so they can look after Jennie whenever I'm at work. Especially my mom. She said a lot and more excited than us.

"We're having twins."