Part 36 | Lisa! She Is Here!

LISA

I am now scrubbing a lot of metals. Good lord I'm almost done! My white shirt is already stained with rusts. I shouldn't wear white next time even if this is my only decent shirt without holes. I should visit a thrift shop on my next salary and get some.

"Lisa! Lisa! Your wife is here! She is here!" Mr. Kinotaki, the supervisor of this scrap shop was screaming on his way inside. Am I hearing those words right? He can't be serious. But I realized, I showed him Jennie's picture on my wallet when we had a one on one Sake drinking session. And yes, Sake taught me how to drink without getting drunk anymore.

"Lisa! She's here." He was catching his breath when he reached me.

Then she pointed to the woman who just entered the shop.

She is here. My ex-wife.

But still so dashing. Beautiful in her simple shirt and jeans with a big backpack.

I looked at her straight in the eyes while my heart is crushing into pieces again. I felt like someone is choking me and I don't know what to say.

I missed her. I missed her so much. God knows how I want to have her in my arms.

She's even more beautiful now.

I stood up from a small chair, wiped my wet and rusty hands with a towel, used the sleeves of my shirt to wipe my perspiring face and walked towards her. She's still looking at me.

"Lisa." She said in a shaky voice, grasping for air. And there. Tears fell from her eyes.

"Jennie. Stop crying. How did you know where I am?" I asked in a relaxed tone. What else I can do? She found me.

She didn't answer my question.

"Have you eaten already?" I asked. Because she looked pale and it is 1pm already.

She just shook her head.

"Wait for me. Come, sit here. I'll just finish the last piece of metal then let's have lunch." I offered a chair and she sat. I came back to my work while she's there watching me. I tried not to look at her and just continued to scrub the rust.

When I was done, I reached for my bag that is hung on the wall. Since there's only Jennie and I, I took off my shirt facing my back to her, wiped my body and change my clothes.

"Let's go." I said and she followed my way.

When we reached my bicycle, I took a hat from my backpack and put it on her head. I placed my bag in the front basket of my bike. I took her huge backpack from her and wore it on my back. I rode the bike and positioned myself. I flipped the improvised wooden chair down on the top tube frame of my bike so she can sit.

And yes, here I am with my ex-wife in one bicycle.

During the ride, we didn't talk. But I could smell her scent that goes to my nose because of the air smashing some of her hair strands to my face.

Focus on the road, Lisa.

We reached Hara. I assisted her getting off the bike. I took my bag and still carried hers. When we entered the food house, Mr. Natsuo and Mrs. Ichika were shocked seeing Jennie. You won't believe it but their smile were so big welcoming her.

"The wife." Mrs. Ichika uttered looking at Jennie. Jennie smiled at her too.

"Good afternoon, Mr. & Mrs. Hara. This is Jennie." I introduced her and they started to entertain her.