Part 21 | See You

THIRD PERSON

A year and 6 months later ...

It's Jennie's last day of shooting ELIA and it's set to premier next week.

Lisa is proud of her. Even if there are intimate scenes just like Mi Amor, Lisa still showed her support to Jennie. Of course, she knows that at the end of the day, Jennie only belongs to her. She really needs to support the film because she's the producer as well.

Lisa and Jennie's relationship became stronger. Lisa has convinced Jennie to move in with her. Finally, she agreed. They act as if they are married already. Their relationship has become more public and Lisa gets used to it and no longer shy whenever there are media people around.

Lisa maintained her sweetness towards Jennie. Their friends and families would always tease them to get married already. But Jennie would always say, it's too early for them to tie the knot. That's why sometimes, Lisa is hesitant to propose.

"Park, Seul, do you think she's not yet sure of me? I mean, yeah, we're together for a year and a half only, but we've known each other all our life, right? What's making her think not to marry me yet?" Lisa confides with their close friends.

"Lis, you can't force her." Rosé said.

"Man, you have not even tried yet. If there's someone who knows Jennie well, that's only you, Lis, and vice-versa." Seul encouraged Lisa.

Lisa can't think straight lately. She's too pressured at the same time scared of possibilities that if ever she proposes to her, Jennie will just turn it down.

AT THE OFFICE

"Ok. So, that's it for today. You may now all go back to your offices. " Lisa ended their annual meeting. Jennie stayed at the conference room with her.

"Babe, let's give Ben & Ben a chance please? They're really good. It's your fault why I became their fan, Lisa." Jennie begged.

"Love, give me a day to think about it. Okay?" Jennie has been insisting that I should give a chance to this band from the Philippines to enter the International music scene. I actually talked to their manager already when he visited here in the US. Each member of the band is really good with his/her craft. So why not right? We are still processing everything from their accommodation here in the US to their recordings, concerts and radio/TV guesting. Yes, I am producing them internationally. I just don't want to count the chicks if the eggs aren't hatched yet. Not my attitude to boast something right away when it's not yet in my hands. That's how I do business. I attract, I make it happen, I maintain and we all succeed. Lastly, I want to make Jennie happy.

"Okay babe. Please consider. Please!" Jennie pouts her lips like a teenager.

ONE MORNING AT LISA'S OFFICE

LISA

"Hello?" An unknown number called.

"Hi Lisa. I am here in New York. Are you free on lunch today? If so, will you meet me at Siv's at Central Park. Please don't tell Jennie." Lisa figured out who it was.

"How are you? Why didn't you tell me you'll arrive today? I could've let you use the plane so you won't be stressed anymore. OK. I will try to make an excuse. For sure she'll look for me later. See you and take care please." Lisa dropped the phone. She went to Jennie's office and told her that she'll have an emergency meeting with a broker at lunch for the coffee shop's prospect location in New York. Yeah, she lied.

SIV'S CENTRAL PARK

LISA

"Uncle, I missed you! How are you?" Lisa rushed towards the chinky eyed man in a black suit and bowed her head.

"Child, I'm good. You? Jennie? Business?" The man hugged Lisa.

"We're doing good, Uncle. Business is business as usual." They both chuckled.

"So, about that vineyard? Deal closed?" He asked.

"Yes. I rebranded it to J' and production starts next week. I also named the property under Jennie's, Uncle. That's her only memory of her. I hope one day she will understand." Lisa said.

"I don't know if my daughter can still forgive me once she found out, Lis. You know, she still can't accept my new family until now." The man almost cried.

"When are you going to tell her?" Lisa looked down when he asked him.

"I don't know, Lis. My conscience is already hurting my ear. Maybe a little more time?" He said. Lisa just nodded.

"Lisa, I am here to give you the money back. Thank you so much, child. If not because of you, I might be probably starving to death now." The man opens her cheque book.

"No. No. Forget about it, uncle. Please. No. You'll soon be my father-in-law so I think, I just did what is right. And, whatever happens, you know that I will be here for you."Lisa insists.

"No Lisa. Your money helped my company when I almost got bankrupt. Now, it's already back on its proper state. It's time to give what's really yours." He said.

"No Uncle John. I won't accept it." Lisa still insisted.

"You are really hard-headed, Lisa." They just both laughed.

"Wait. You mentioned about me being your father-in-law? Are you marrying my daughter without my consent, kid?" Jennie's father asked her.

"Uhmm. Sorry, Uncle. I actually want to ask permission if I can marry Jennie? I am planning to propose to her very soon." Lisa looked at him in the eyes.

"So, you want to start calling me Dad already? Of course, Lisa! The moment I saw you with Jennie back when you were in high school, I knew it already. I already knew how much you love her. God, how did you manage her drunken nights, Lisa? Let me guess how many times you cleaned her puke? 21 times? Me myself won't do it. Jesus." He praised Lisa.

"Hahaha. Just 18, Uncle. No, im kidding. I love her. I am so in love with your daughter."Lisa assured Jennie's father. John tapped Lisa's shoulder.

"Uncle, I have a favor. Will you reach out with Jennie and tell the truth about her mother? I don't know where to stand anymore. It hurts every time she misses her. Jennie is the loveliest person I know, she deserves all the goodness and truth." Lisa said to him.

"I will, Lisa." Uncle John assured Lisa.

So there. John Kim is in New York. He is the father of Jennie. They are not in good terms since he remarried another woman when Jennie graduated from college. She moved out from their house in Seoul when her father brought her new family with them. John's business was about to go bankrupt 2 years ago. When Lisa heard about it, he reached out and handed the amount needed without any questions at all. So yeah, while Jennie and Lisa were apart, she is still in contact with Jennie's father for years. John also told Lisa his deepest secret that Jennie is not aware about.