Part 35 | Finding The Gem

JENNIE

It's been a year and still I haven't found her. Lisa, you're missing for two years already. Please come back. Please.

I've been in Italy. I've been to places where we had special memories. But she's nowhere to be found.

I came over to LA. Looking for her. Asking our staff at Luna + Lucas if she did have a chance to visit the shop and they said, she never came by and the last time was when I was with her when we visited our coffee shop branches during our honeymoon.

I went to South Korea. Hoping I might find her. I even went to the old lake where we had a special memory but there was never a Lisa.

Took our plane to Paris. Maybe I can see her sipping the best coffee she mentioned to me years back in her favorite coffee shop in front of the Eiffel Tower, but she's not there.

Amsterdam, her dream place to visit to when we were in high school. Maybe she chose to settle there because she's too in love with art. And flowers too. She always dreamt of busking with her guitar on the streets of Amsterdam. Those are some of her secrets. No Lisa showed up.

China, Ireland, Kenya, India, Norway, I have been every place she has on the list to visit before she reached her 30s. Even her shadow didn't show up.

I am hopeless. I am scared. What if something bad has happened to her. Where is Lisa? Where are you, my love? I'm sorry. I am really sorry.

I am still leaning on my chair when I got interrupted by a call.

"Hello Ms. Jennie. Someone wants to see you. She's Jeon Somi. She is the owner of Blue Flag." The receptionist said.

"Blue Flag?" Sounds familiar. Oh, this is the bar where it happened.

"Is this Samantha? Samantha, please take Somi up here. Thank you." I told the receptionist.

After a few minutes, a beautiful lady in black dress came in the door. I stood up, offered a hand and invited her to the couch.

"Good morning Mrs. Manoban." She greeted.

"Good morning to you too Ms. Somi. How can I help you?" I said back.

"I know this is weird that I just showed up randomly, right?" She asked smiling.

"Yeah? What is it about? Proposals?" I asked.

"Oh. No. Lisa." She said and my heart kept pumping fast.

"Hmmm?" I waited for her to say the next words.

"I may be not in the position to tell you this, but I have already handed over a year ago the CCTV footages not only at the basement parking of my bar, but also the footages inside the bar." She said.

"Yes. I actually saw the one on the basement. But inside, I haven't yet." I said.

She then showed me a video on her phone. Sana and Lisa talking.

Then Lisa walked away and headed to the restroom.
Then I saw Sana putting a small, I'm not sure of the color, probably it's a blue tablet on a glass of drink.

Then Lisa went back to the bar counter and drank the remaining drink on the glass and walked out from the bar.

I looked at Somi and breathe deeply.

"She was drugged. I am really sorry. You know, Lisa's businesses are always a role model to our group of club owners. I should have checked every night if there's something fishy going on in my club. I am sorry." Somi said and sighed.