Part 9 | Young Jennie

High School and College flashback in Seoul

JENNIE

I feel bored with this school. Same old faces. I hope getting in the high school department would be exciting and a lot of new students.

I entered our room. There's Rosé and Seulgi. I'm so happy we're in the same star section.

"Hey girl! This feels so nice we're still in the same class. I hope we'll still have each other until we all get married." Rosé greeted me with her hopeless romantic speech. Seulgi just laughed at her and shook her head.

"Who's our adviser?" I asked them.

"I heard it's Mr. Jung. Someone told me he's very strict." Seulgi said.

Our class adviser entered the room.

"Good morning class. I am Yan Jung. You can call me Mr.—" his attention was cut by a new student in a messy uniform at the door.

"I'm sorry to be late in class, Sir." The girl said. I notice how crumpled her uniform was and her left fist has bruises. But I got more interested to her features. She has a pretty and handsome face. How could it be? Her eyes are very expressive. Those plump lips matching her beautiful calm voice. It's like music to my ears. I want to pinch her nose. It's so cute! And her body is perfectly lean. Hey Jennie, what are you thinking?

"What's your name and why are you late?" Our teacher asked.

"I'm Lalisa Manoban, Sir. I'm sorry I—" She said shyly while her head faces the ground.

"Good morning Sir. I am Kim Jong-in. I apologize if Lisa was late. It was because of me. Someone bullied me and she fought them. We are really sorry." A tiny guy came in the picture and talked to the adviser. The whole class is looking at them.

Wow. I think my first crush ever is a superhero in disguise.

"Come in, Lisa. Jong-in you must be in your classroom now. We will fix this later. Look for a seat Lisa." The teacher said.

She walks inside the room and looked for a vacant chair. I stopped her and offered the seat beside me. Why do I find her really interesting?

"Here, take this seat. I'm Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. But you can call me (yours---that's what's on my mind) Jennie or Ruby Jane or whatever you want to call me." I offered a handshake to make her smile because I know she's upset. She accepted it and chuckled.

"I am Lalisa Manoban. Obviously, I'm new here. And I am really sorry for that drama earlier in class." Her voice. I want to listen to her voice 24/7 nonstop.

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize for some good deed. I actually admire you for that." I smiled and she smiled back.

Days and months have passed and Lisa and I became more closer and closer each day. She is a good friend. A smart student but doesn't boast her grades. She's always there whenever Rosé, Seulgi and I need some help with our lessons and assignments. Lisa has the power to simplify complicated things and we really adore her for that.

She is best friends with Jong-in who prefers to be called as Kai. Both of them are really good people so we never hesitated to be friends with them. Lisa is Kai's savior all the time when it comes to her assignments, projects and bullies. Lisa is shy and silent type of person but when we're together, she has a lot to say, I mean, it's a good thing because she can express herself when I'm around and I swear to God she has a lot of great ideas in mind.