Chapter 41

As the last one did catch our attention, we kept walking and ignored it till we got into the car.

"Mom, does dad know we're here" Trent asked his mom.

She looked back at us and smile softly, "This was the day we planned to come home, I'm sure he knows."

He nodded he's head, but didn't reply. I could see he was worried, although he tried to hind it. I could see through him.

I grabbed his hand and pulled it into mine, I looked at him and gave him a soft smile. I leaned into his shoulder and closed my eyes.

I could feel him relax a little and snuggle into me a little more. He gave me a kiss on the forehead.

He mumbled an "I love you" under his breath.

But I knew he was truly worried and scared for what had happened. Trent loves his father and is very close to him. But if you don't know Trent then you wouldn't be able to tell.

Who knows maybe nothing happened.

________________
"We're here!" My mom said.

We drove to my house first to drop us off. Then the Ashers would go home.

Zach took Izzy with him to explain to they're parents together. Which I wish then good luck.

I sighed as we pulled up to my house.

Home sweet home I though to myself.

I saw my dad walk out of the house with a sad face.

Maybe he doesn't wanna see me? I asked myself.

I quickly take the car door and open it. I didn't care that it wasn't parked yet.

I jumped out and ran to him, "Dad!" I yelled.

I saw his face light up as I ran into his open arms. "Sweetie!" He said.

He squeezed me until I couldn't breathe. I didn't care though, I missed him so much.

"Where's your mother?" He asked.

"I'm right here dear" she said. My dad pulled away and pulled my mother into his arms, shocking my mom. My mom happily hugged him back.

My dad looked like he was on the verge of tears. I guess he really missed us.

I walked back to the car to grab my bags while Trent was helping me carry in some other things.

We'll we were grabbing things I over heard my dad ask Trent's if they could talk. I look at Trent to see if he heard the same thing.

He looked back at me, nodding his head yes saying he did. We followed close behind them trying to hear what the say.

We walked into the house and my dad brought Sue and my mom into his office. I looked over at Trent and we walked to my room.

Once we got to my room we both sat on the bed.

"Wow I forgot how nice my bed was" I say making Trent chuckle.

"After that plane ride, I don't blame you" he said still having a small chuckle.

"Come on let's go see what they're talking about" I said as I stand up pulling on Trents arm.

"Okay okay" He said

We walked quietly tiptoeing through the hall way making it to my dad's office.

I put my ear to the door trying to hear what was going on. Trent did the same thing and we looked at each other trying to make out what was happening.

".....then he stood In front of me as he pulled the trigger... I tried to push him out of the way..." my dad said in a sad voice.

I heard someone start to cry as my dad continued, "I'm so sorry Sue, Gray was a good father and man... He really did love you..."

My face fell, sadness has taking over. I looked up at Trent. He looked to be in shook.

"Trent..." I said going to touch his arm, trying to comfort him. He shook my hand off and walked away. I felt so bad for Trent.

"Trent!" I called to him running after him.

"Leave me alone Ella!!" He called back to me. His voice was broken, I could hear his quiet sods as he ran out the door.

"Ella? What's going on?" Jason asked me.

I look at him with my dad eyes, "something happened to gray... I think he past away..." I said quietly.

Jason looked at me before running up the stair, mostly liking to find father.

I quickly followed after him. "Jason!" I called hoping to stop him but it was to late he was in the office asking dad questions.

"Ella, Where's Trent?" She asked me. I could see her puffy eyes, red face and tear stained cheeks.

"I don't know, he ran out the door...." I said trailing off. I felt so bad I didn't know what to do.

What I did know is that Trent needs space right now, but he also needs someone to talk to. Weather that's me or someone else.

"Can you go find him? I have to go tell Zoey that'll she'll never see her dad again..." she asked me starting to cry again.

"Of course" I said softly.

I made my way downstairs, through the front door and went to go get my car.
________________________
That night I looked everywhere for Trent.
His house, the gang houses, Zach's, the park, all the bars and restaurants. Everywhere! I couldn't find him.

I tried to call him, I left him many messages and texts.

It was starting to get cold so I though I should go back to get a sweatshirt and then continue looking.

As I walked into my room, there he was sitting in the bed. With tears running his face and limp body, I ran to him and held him in my arms. He sank into my arms hold mine with one.

He cried into my hold not saying a word.
I held on to him tight, fearing he might run away again.

We laid down on my bed for the rest the night. Me holding him so he wouldn't leave. We didn't say one word to each other that night.

 We didn't say one word to each other that night