Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Leaving

Heading back home right after spending the first day of the new year in the city, they went back to their home, and seemingly Leo wasn't looking forward to it. He was trying to lift his spirit but it doesn't seem to work when his mind always flushing back to Mich's email. He didn't slip it to Mich because he doesn't want to ruin their moment yesterday and he couldn't just burst his emotions out because it's not the best thing to do.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Mich said as they dropped in front of the O'Riley's house. Leo just gives him a nod and when Mich leaned to kiss him, Leo moves his face away from him which brought confusion to his boyfriend. "And what's wrong now? Why are you avoiding my kisses? I let you be quiet on our way back because I thought you'll need some nap but clearly, there's something wrong. I'm your boyfriend, Leo. You can tell me anything." He assured him like it was that easy.

"You're leaving," was the first words that came out of his mouth. He's been holding it since yesterday and he finally has the guts to say it out loud.

Mich took a deep breath, confirming it with his apologetic reaction.

"How did you know?" Mich asked, at the back of his mind, he didn't tell it to him so he's confused why he knew about it. "And I was supposed to tell it to you later but I guess now would be the time to talk about it."

"It notified on your phone, I checked it out of curiosity 'cause I thought it would be Carter but then I saw the email that you're going back to the military and it's so soon. You'll be leaving tomorrow?" Leo sighed, he's not even looking at Mich's eyes. He's avoiding but what else he can do now? There's no way he can stop him from going back to his job, he was about to leave anyway in a few weeks from now.

"Listen, I just happen to open and read the email last night and I also didn't expect that I would be going back so soon. But you have to understand that what we have right now won't change and the fact that I'll be leaving, we're not over yet, alright?"

Leo swallowed hard as if he couldn't take it all because it is hard for him to spend his remaining days in the country without him.

"I know this isn't what I pursued for when I came to New York. I came here to study, but when I met that doesn't change what I'm doing here but because I have you, it's hard for me to see you go even though I'll be leaving soon." Leo scoffs, trying to laugh it off and not to break in tears. "You're my first boyfriend, you showed everything to me and you made me feel very loved so it's hard for me. You know that I've been dealing with a situation in my head when we both go on our ways and forget each other because it's not impossible. It will happen because we're like in two separate worlds that I can have you and I can't have you and this time, it's the second thing of what we are."

Mich pulls him to hug him and breathes deeply.

"You know it's also hard for me but I believe we can get through this alone, okay?" he gently rubs his back and planted a kiss on Leo's kiss for his assurance. "I want you to know that I didn't start this relationship because I'm interested in you but because I like you and you should know that I don't dwell into a relationship so easy and you made me so faltered about it. You became my weakness but you also became my hope and my strength. I hope you're not mad at me..." as they pull each other and look at each other's faces, Mich made Leo look at him because he keeps avoiding doing any eye contact. His eyes were going red and must be because he's trying not to cry. "Leo?"

"Hm..." he hummed.

"Be still and brave for me, okay? This is just temporary and I'll come back soon and when I do, I will come for you. And if there are possibilities, I will marry you." That brought a smile into Leo's face. "See? I like it more when you smile, keep that in your face, Leo because I don't want to leave with this feeling that I'm taking overseas. I can't stand it when there's someone who can't sleep because of me. I promise I will be back for you, okay?"