Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Basketball

When Leo woke up, he's just staring at the ceiling realizing that he wasn't in his home anymore. It took him some time to process those thoughts in his head. Never in his life he would stay alone in a place far from his family and knowing that this is a new culture he had to learn, there's a lot of things he needs to know because as much as he wanted to take it all in at once. He wouldn't able to do that, he's still adjusting to his new home for a few rough months. Leo thinks he would survive at the end of his program.

He got up from the bed and looked at his bags sitting in the corner, it feels like he has no time to fix his stuff after what happened last night. Though he didn't drink alcohol as Rachel did, it drained him and make him so exhausted and that's because of his jetlag. He traveled for more than ten hours and on his first night, he went to a party organized by his cousin's best friend. It was just a crazy night for him, but he doesn't saw himself being at a party again sometime soon.

Leo picked some clothes from his bags to prepare to take a shower. When he's about to leave his room, someone knocked on the door as he immediately looks to check who is it. As he opens the door, Rachel appeared in his face with eyes widen and falls to his legs.

"I thought you're not awake," Rachel said, switching her eyes from his legs to his face.

"Yeah, I just woke up."

Rachel nodded. Leo noticed she seems bothered by a little and he guesses that maybe she wants to tell something about what happened last night. "So... you're going to take a shower?" She asked and Leo nodded. "Cool... about what happened last night, Leo. Please don't tell—"

"I won't tell your mom anything that happened last night," he cuts her sentence, assuring that he won't rat her out to her mother.

Rachel exhaled, feel so relieved when Leo mentioned it. "Glad you understand it and thank you..."

"No problem, unless I have to do it all the time for you."

"Oh, no, just what happened last night. And don't worry about me, I won't be drinking again." She giggles. "Anyway, before you take a shower. Maybe you should have some breakfast and join us. I was here for that anyway. Take a shower after, what do you think?"

Leo nodded at her. "Sure, I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay, you don't want to miss the American breakfast." Rachel grinned and walked back to the dining area.

Leo puts his clothes on the top of the drawer and leaves his room to head over and join Rachel and her mom on breakfast. Leo immediately smelled the bacon and then she saw Rachel helping her mom preparing the plates and utensils on the table. Leo asked what he can do to help them, Jacky told his nephew just to sit on the table and enjoy his breakfast. This is his first morning in O'Riley's household and though it doesn't really feel like home for him, these people who welcomed him and let him stayed on their house is such a big deal for him. Even though they only just saw each other on video calls before, Leo doesn't really feel uncomfortable.

When Jacky put all the breakfast she prepared such as pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, and to his surprise, his Aunt cooked some garlic fried rice for him which bestowed him upon excitement.

"I know back home you use to eat every meal with rice so I prepared something for you because I thought you'd missed everyone back home but I assure you, Leo. You will miss this home too once you go back to the Philippines, but for now, let's just enjoy our breakfast." Jacky said and the Rachel started putting pancakes and poured it with some maple syrup, bacon that when she took a bite the crispiness made it sound so delicious.