Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Sober

Mich walked inside the room while disbelief of seeing him in their room plastered in Leo's face. He wasn't expecting to see him when he said that he doesn't need to drive here just to talk and he did. He watches Mich pick out all the things he bought and place it on his study table. He walks towards him and saw the things he bought. A baguette, blue and yellow Gatorade, medicine, and some chocolates.

"Uh... why did you buy these all for me?"

"You're not feeling well, right?" Mich looked at him, he touches his cheek and Leo felt tickled with it and brush his hand off with his shoulder. "So, I bought all this for you to make you feel well again. And I think this is enough for you and seeing you back on your feet again... we're gonna talk."

"No," Leo said then he shake his head when his tone was a bit demanding. "I mean, we can talk, of course, we can. What I mean to say, what are you doing here when I told you don't have to be here because we'll be seeing each other next week, right?"

"I'm worried, okay?" he put his hand on his shoulder, "And I don't care if I need to drive just to see today. Don't you forget that I do that most of the time when we hang out together, right?"

"Yeah, I know, and what if Carter caught you here?" Leo hit his arms. "You're not thinking about it." he rolled his eyes.

Mich laughed, "yeah, but clear to see that he's not around, right? So, I can stay here until the afternoon. And surely, I missed you too but that's not why I'm here. I want to know why you were drunk last night and hang up my call last night. I think we have the day to talk about it."

Leo took a deep breath, "I honestly tell you that I didn't hang up the call because I don't remember answering your call. Just like what I said, I'm drunk and barely remember everything that happened so I don't know what to say."

"Who was with you last night?"

"Aside from Carter and his friend, no one else. Your brother told me that I barely walk last night and couldn't handle myself so he's the one who brought me home. But I'm not sure if he's the one who answered the call, why would he do that? And what if he did?" With anxious coming out of his face, Leo was bothered by the thought that Carter might find out about them.

"And so what if Carter answered the call?" Mich questioned.

Leo sighed, "He might figure out what's the deal between us. Why would you call me rather than him, get it? It's like he will start to connect it all and when he gave all the answer in his hands, we'll both screwed because Carter finds it out."

Mich laughed, "you have a wild imagination," he continued. "I don't think he answered the call. You're unconscious so you might be the one who answered it. Don't overthink it, we can sort this out. We always do right?"

Leo nodded, "but I thought there's one thing that's out of our reach... and that's the thing I wanted to say but I don't know-how so I drink to forget and wash those thoughts away. I don't want to hurt myself just because there are possibilities—"

"Of what, Leo?" Mich interjected, leaning into his answer.

"That when I left, it all be gone."

Mich smirked and shook his head. He put his hand on his waist while the other was under his chin. "I don't know why you were thinking of that, so tell me why?"

Leo searches for his eyes and their stares locked in. "You know I only have a few months to stay here in New York and I'll be leaving soon. I'm worried that what we have right now was just a temporary thing because I'm here and you needed someone. I'm also afraid that if we pursue this relationship on a long-distance, I don't think it will work out just like every normal couple because we're not a couple like them. We aren't and we'll never be... because you're in the military, you have a duty and I can't risk you losing your job because of this relationship. I think I should go back to my place rather than staying with it."

"What are you saying to me now, Leo? Are you breaking up with me? Don't you trust me? Don't you believe this relationship will make it through even though there's a lot of things that would stop us? Are you going to stop because you're afraid or because you don't want to have me anymore?"

Leo hugged him tightly and placed his head on his chest. Mich slowly wraps his arms around him and rests his chin on his head. "I want you, Mich. I really do. But I don't think this relationship will work if we keep laying down in the dark. I don't think I can do that anymore, but I don't want to end what we have right now and I don't want you to risk yourself because of my feelings and my sudden outbursts. I just want you to know that this is how I feel about our relationship... because at the end of the day, we'll both have separate ways to go to."

"So you're not breaking up with me?" Mich asked and Leo moves his head to meet his eyes.

"No, I'm not." He cheekily answered to Mich and then he received kisses from him. "I missed that too, though you could've waited until next week because Carter might show up unexpectedly and then boom, he just found out about us."

Mich smirked, "I know he won't. We've already talked a few times and he's been setting up someone for me. I just go with whatever he does but I'm not interested in those girls he tried to set up with me. Because the only person I'm interested in setting up with is you and only you. So don't think of anything else, okay? I'm only here to bother you and no one else." Then he snatches a kiss from Leo again and jumped into his bed. "Can I sleep here for an hour?"

"Sure..." Leo smiled. "Just don't get stay longer so you won't get caught by your brother."

"Okay, come here with me. I wanna cuddle with you," he demanded and Leo walks over. Mich grab his hand and he falls on top of him and he just wrapped his arms and legs on him. "And you want to end us, I'm not sure about that," he smirks.

"I don't know what I'm thinking," Leo chuckled. "I'm sorry that I had to drink and get drunk, I promised it won't happen again."

"That's alright," Mich kisses his head. "At least you now know what it feels like not to remember anything after getting sober." He laughs and when he calmed down, he whispered something in his ears. "I won't let go of you... even if we're in another life..."