Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Homie

Leo and Carter decided to leave after they finish fixing the bed. He was also excited to walk around this city and because this is his first time being around, there's a lot of things for him to discover. His excitement towards meeting new people and experiencing this new chapter of his life was limitless and indescribable. Back then in his country, Leo just wishes to be in this place but now he's walking to the famous city in the whole world. It's a dream come true for him and he wouldn't be here without all the people who supported him to get through at this point.

He never leaves Carter's side as he doesn't want to get lost, though he has his new phone, still he doesn't want to be alone. He doesn't know what to do when Jacky gave him a new phone, it's like an advanced gear for him to use around and for his studies. He never had an iPhone before so everything is new to him, and there's one thing he's trying take out of his mind but couldn't.

It was Mich but he doesn't wanna get weird with Carter upon starting a conversation about his brother.

"So, what do you think about New York, Leo?" Carter turned around to see his face.

Leo came back into his senses to put his attention to Carter's question. "It's great, I mean, yeah! I couldn't focus because these are all new to me. I've never been out of the country and New York feels like a dream to me before and now I'm here that I never thought I will."

Carter chuckled, "I hope you'll get lost around the city," he muttered and Leo's eyes widened with his statement. He stopped and stared at him weirdly. He didn't expect Carter would say that. But then Carter immediately shakes his head, trying to clarify what he meant by those words. "No, Leo. Don't take it seriously and literally because I have no intention of doing that to you. What I'm saying is that it is good to get lost in the city you even don't have an idea about. New York is a good place to get lost and somehow, you wouldn't even know that you're lost until you think of it. But literally, if you're not familiar around you will get lost so have your phone with you all the time so you have a map in case you needed it, okay?"

"So, are we still going to have some breakfast?"

"Of course!" Carter answered enthusiastically. "There, I think they served quality foods." He pointed to a store where a butcher's name was on it. Leo wasn't familiar around so he's clearly playing around to get familiarize. And he thought that maybe Carter's right. Sometimes people need to get lost to see the true beauty in it. And somehow, Leo thought of someone else. "Hey, what are you doing? Let's get over here!" Carter shouted and waved to Leo as he wasn't even paying attention to him.

He runs towards Carter and joined walking with him as they head inside the store. They were greeted by the staff and was handed by a menu to get their food.

"What do you like to have, Leo?" Carter asked him, scanning through the list of dishes.

"I don't know..." Leo muttered, biting his lower lip. "I don't have any idea, actually. Do you want some pancakes or waffles?"

"Maybe, sure..."

"Okay, you'll have the pancakes and I'll have the waffle. And don't worry about paying for it, this is my treat," Carter smiled.

"No, you don't have to," Leo said.

"Don't say anything, anymore, Leo. It is already settled." Carter assured.

While they were waiting for their food to be served, Leo asks Carter's phone number in case he need to give him a call. He took his phone and saved his number on his phone.