Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Moving out

The night gets darker but Leo and Mich seem to find lost their awareness to the time, they were so into the moment that time didn't matter between the two of them. Their conversations were full of laughs and a lot of things to admire.

"Don't you think it's getting late now, Mich?" Leo asked him. He doesn't have his phone with him because he forgot it as he sneaks out of his room. Though he doesn't mind staying late with someone he barely knew but he thinks that he knew him for a very long time. He doesn't know what this feeling started to grow inside of him, but he feels comfortable around him.

"Do you want to get home now?" Mich asked and looked at him.

Leo shifted his head and found Mich creasing his forehead. When their eyes met, he doesn't know what to speak as his tongue tangled from all the words he's about to say. He just shakes his head.

"They might get worried about you, Leo," Mich said. "I think we should go now, at least you get to see this place at night. Far from the usual party, you've seen from the first day you were here, right?"

"Yeah..." Leo smiled.

When they decided to leave the playground, Leo seems can't look at the person walking beside him. When the back of their hands unexpectedly touched, they immediately retrieved when they felt a sudden static spark from their skins. Leo rubs the back of his hand while Mich laughs it off. It doesn't take them too long when Mich took Leo to their house.

"Thanks for walking me back home," Leo smiles at him.

"As if you already know your way home," Mich smirks. "Well, tell your aunt that you'll be staying with Carter in his room so you don't need to waste your time looking for some dorm. Carter will walk you through everything," he patted Leo's shoulders.

"Yeah, thanks for doing it on me, Mich. That's a big help for me, you're such an angel in disguise." Leo giggled. "See you tomorrow? Will I be able to see you tomorrow?" Leo raised his brow.

Mich pressed his lips and nodded slowly, "Maybe, I'll drive Carter to his dorm so I guess we'll see each other tomorrow. Prepare your things, Leo. You're going to start the most excruciating part of being a college student here in states."

"Should I take that advice?" Leo laughs. "Anyway, I should get inside now."

"Yeah, of course, I don't want to take your time anymore," Mich said and when Leo was about to walk to the front porch, Mich called him once again. "Thanks for coming with me!" He shouted and then he runs away.

Leo left smiling in front of the door until Jacky opened it and saw him looking in a weird direction, smiling. When Leo immediately realizes that his tita was in front of him, he startled upon getting surprised by her presence.

"What are you doing outside, Leo?" Jacky asked as they headed to the living room. "I didn't get to see you walk out the door. Where have you been? I thought you were with Rachel and her friends."

Leo chuckles, "I'm sorry that I sneak out, tita. I wasn't with the girls but I was out with Mich—Carter's brother."

"Oh, really?" the surprise in her tone brought Leo to realize that it is not a usual thing to happen. "That's new and I'm so glad that you're getting to know everyone and it seems like you're getting close to Mich, am I right?"

He scratches the back of his head as he doesn't know how to respond to that question, "well, there's also one thing he said that won't bother you anymore, tita."