Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Call

They both spend their weekend inside their room as the rain didn't stop and it ruined their plan to check some places around. But it is fine with Leo, he doesn't know if he can enjoy roaming around the city with a moment that got stuck in his head. He tried to convince himself that it was nothing and that he shouldn't overthink it but it always goes back to that moment when he tried to forget it. It slips in his mind whenever he tried to think of something else. Their distance and the warmth of the kiss made him not forget about it.

He also remembered what Mich said to him the other night that if he would dare to kiss him. He wasn't sure if he's joking about it or playing around with him but it all got makes sense when they kissed. It's out of nowhere, it's not what he expected. He never sees himself kissing someone and that made him panic every time Carter talks about his brother. He just couldn't stand the kiss, it made him confused about the situation.

Good thing he got his space after that when Mich decided to leave to meet his friends. He also feels better when he didn't stay in their room and didn't show up the next day. He couldn't start the school year with that thought in his head. He needs to forget it and move on from it.

"Okay, bud. I'm gonna head into my class now. If you still don't know where to look for your room, just ask some people around. They don't bite and they were nice to everyone so don't be afraid to ask a question, they always answered, alright?"

Leo nodded, "Sure, thanks, Carter."

"No problem, see 'ya later!" Carter patted his shoulder and walks away.

As Leo was left in the middle of the hall, he freaks out a little inside because it's overwhelming for him. He knows what he would do today but the nerves were keeping him steady on his position. He felt something inside his stomach. He doesn't know if it's just because of his excitement or nervous to start but he's sure he wanted to meet new people around.

He searched for his room to sit in his first class. He was a little timid with his movements and he feels like he shouldn't make trouble or anything. He tried to reach out to some students but he doesn't know how to approach them. He thought that he will be ignored and that frightens him a little. So he just walks by himself, exploring through the hallways until he finally found his room. He was relieved and waited outside for a minute to check if he's really in the right room.

Leo sends Carter a message, I found my room!

Carter instantly replied, Great! See you later, we may not see each other at lunchtime but I'll see you at home!

He slides his phone back into his jeans pocket and took a deep breath. A moment later he sees some students heading inside the room and he hesitated to walk with them inside. When he's finally alone in the hallway, he scurried his way inside the room and seated along the third row of vacant chairs.

He glances people next to him and he felt that he's the only one who was out of place and wasn't really joining into some conversations but he also see some students who mind their own business. Later at nine, their course professor walks in and greeted all of them.

It was intimidating for Leo to everything that's going on right now. He knew he needed to be prepared for this kind of setting and he knows that it will be different from what he usually does. At this moment, Leo tried to sell out his confidence by listening and conveying with the discussion together with the professor. He doesn't want to be left out, if he's different from the people around him, he's sure that he can keep up with them.