Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Set-up

Staring at the ceiling of his room, there's a lot of thought running around in his mind. There's also the idea of going back home because he misses his family a lot and a part of himself that he won't want to push this study through. He doesn't know why he thought of that, maybe there's just a lot of thing he doesn't understand at the moment that he's leaning into these crazy ideas.

It's been a few days since he came home, Carter still doesn't talk to him even though he left few messages that he didn't actually read. Rachel reaches out to Carter but he doesn't want to talk to anyone, even his best friend. Michel calls Leo every day to check him out. Now that they're back in Scarsdale, it feels like they can't see each other more often because of how they fall into his situation. Michel talked to Carter but never listened to anything. Carter simply hates everyone right now even his own brother.

"If Carter will remain like this for the rest of the winter break, don't mind him. he's being selfish and wasn't looking for other possibilities of hurting someone else. Just because you lied about your relationship with his brother that doesn't he needs to sway people out of his life. He can't do that for the rest winter break, you'll see he will come to his senses. I hope I can hit his head so he will wake up back to his senses."

"I'm sure he'll come around when he's ready or when I left the country."

"No, Leo." She stated. "You will not leave the country when both of you aren't settling this issue. I just can't let my best friend hates my cousin for the rest of his life because of something they can't stop to feel. But I want to know more about you and Mich, Leo... would you care to share? At least those things you'd like to share, I just want to know how you guys ended up together."

"Do you really want to know that?"

"Gosh, Leo! I've been trying to get that man for me but I can't and then you did! Honestly, I'm so jealous of you right now because he's your boyfriend and I'm here, single. She said, rolling her eyes. "So, tell me what happened?"

Leo started telling it to Rachel except for the part after they went into the Empire State Building. Upon sharing it with his cousin, there's also a lot of realizations popped in his head and he's smiling, giggling when telling it to then. Rachel felt jealous knowing all these stories and hangouts they did back in the city.

A moment later, he received a call from Mich and when Rachel find out who it is, she instantly pushes him to answer the call.

"Hello, Mich?" Leo started.

"Hey Leo, how are you?" he asked.

"I'm doing fine. I'm still hoping that Carter would talk to me."

"Yeah, about that." Mich continued, "I've got to talk to Carter now and we'll be going to the pub later. Do you remember the place we've gone for the first time?" Leo hummed to his question. "Yeah, the one that Filo my friend owns. Meet us there by five, he doesn't know you'll be there because I just said to him that we'll be having drinks and talks to settle it all at once. He agreed so please be there, okay?"

"Yeah, I would love to. Thanks for telling me, Mich."

"Of course, I would do everything for you." He giggles. "See you later, okay? I love you."

Leo grins, "yeah, I love you too..." and next to Leo were Rachel squeaking upon hearing Leo's response to Mich. "I'll hang up now, see you later..." When Leo hangs up the call, Rachel immediately jumps on Leo and they crawl on the bed together/