Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Two weeks ago

"Why do I feel that this guy was just playing you around? Don't you think or I'm thinking it wrong because I'm not on your position. But if that's the case, are you still hoping that there might be something to grow out of those times you hang out together?" Staffan asked Leo.

They were having these serious conversations over the festivity of chicken wings served on their table. Devouring their dinner, Staffan urges Leo to tell something that's been bugging him for weeks now. Though Leo feels like won't sharing it to anyone but Staffan might help him to get over it. He's the only one who knows about his sexuality and he's not sure if he will tell them the truth or not, or just let his façade remains neutral.

"I feel like if I keep assuming things that there's really something on it, I would be hurting in the end because I was the only one who took that kind of idea. I enjoyed being around him, Staffan. No offense," Leo said.

Staffan chuckled, "None taken. But continue," he demanded.

"I was intimidated when I first met him and I was about to run away from that party it if wasn't for my cousin. I also thought he's weird, but then I knew that my cousin and his friends have a crush on him. There's a huge difference when it comes to age and they told me that it is better to get a man who's older than you than a younger immature guy,"

"Well, I agreed to what they said," Staffan said. "My boyfriend is older than me but only just a year. But, he acted more mature than his age. I fell in love with his personality then I fall in love with his looks for the second time. What do you think made you fall in love with this man and you think you can't get over him?"

Leo bit his lower lip. Every time he thinks of it, he was embarrassed but it's all over by and Mich might have to forget about it now. "Well, he's nice to me... he doesn't treat me like anyone else. We became close to each other quickly and I guess that's the reason why we're hanging out together. He's funny... sometimes but just like I said earlier, he's older than me and you know, there can't be a gay man in the military."

"Yes, somehow, maybe..." Staffan unsurely answered. "I don't know about that, but even if he's straight or not and if he's showing you some affections which are not, that might just stay as friends. You said that he's nice, that just might be his personality and nothing more. Or you're not telling me something more?" he narrowed his eyes as he speculated about it.

"Uh..." Leo mumbled.

"I knew it," Staffan. "You guys had sex."

"Oh no!" Leo exclaimed, shocked from what he said. He abruptly shakes his head to disagree with his speculations. "That's not true and we didn't have sex and I don't think it will ever happen,"

"Oooh," he swooned. "It seems like you hope for with that statement." He chuckles. "Anyway, I'm just taking this conversation lightly and I don't want you to get stressed out. You're not even eating all of your wings. Leo, if you're not comfortable saying it, it's okay. I understand what you're going through but—"

"We kissed," Leo interjected, stopping Staffan from his sentence. "No, no, that's wrong." Leo corrected himself, "He kissed me, I did nothing there. He just kissed me out of nowhere and all the conclusions in my head started when he did that. I thought we're just getting close to each other but I'm not expecting it to happen. He said it one time and tell it only as a joke but he did it at that time and I couldn't forget it anymore. It stays in my head and his soft lips in me... sorry, I got carried away." Leo said and sips on his drink.