Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Six-foot-tall

Leo stays on the couch while watching, observing everyone around. As he looks at those people who he knew nothing about, he thinks that these people got the best night of their life and there he is, sitting alone on the couch and couldn't thinking about all these people do in their normal life. Or this what he should expect? He knows that it won't be likely this will be the scenario but he prepares for this.

"Leo!" His cousin called her name and Rachel came out of the clue and startled him as he thought it was someone. But knowing that Rachel was the only one who knew him, that made him a little comfortable but still not because he's surrounded by these strangers whose been drinking, wasting, and kissing around. As Rachel gets closer to her, she laughed seeing his reaction. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, Leo... but if you could see your face, it was funny." She chuckles.

He rolled his eyes, "Not funny, Rach. Don't do that to me again, what if I had heart disease?"

"Okay, okay. Don't go overreact, I'm just kidding around." Rachel said as Leo took it seriously though she keeps giggling about his reaction. "I remember I've told you not to sit here alone but have fun, there are a lot of people to engage with here! Don't get shy, Leo." She said then she pulled someone next to her and he stood in front of Leo, "Anyway, this is Carter, my best friend." She introduced him as she wraps her arm around him.

Leo was about to stand up on his feet but Carter told him not to, so he settles back on his seat. Leo falls back into an awkward situation. They both shake their hands as they introduce themselves to each other. "Well, Rachel says my name already. I'm Carter..."

"I'm Leo, her cousin."

"Yup, I already know that but he calls you Leonardo though."

"Oh, Leo would be fine." He said, "I think..."

"Whatever you like! Leo, it is!" Carter said, "And Rachel said something to me."

Leo was a little alarmed when he said that. He has no idea what it is all about, but he remains calm amidst being too curious about the situation. He didn't expect that Rachel would be like this though he's not bothered by her actions, he's not just comfortable with what's happening right now. This isn't his kind of party.

"What is it?" He uttered biting his lower lip.

Carter leaves Rachel's side and sits beside him bumping his shoulder, "she told me that you're going to my university too! She told me you're an exchange student, isn't that right?"

"Uh... yeah, I am. I will." He said nodding.

Carter tapped Leo's shoulder hard that he almost squeak out of pain but he didn't. "That's so cool! We'll be together when you have your break or when you don't have a class, we can roam around the city or just ditched the class." He said and Leo paused for a minute and looked at him seriously. "No, I'm just kidding. What are you studying then?"

"Oh, foreign language..."

"That's so cool, so what language you were studying with?"

"Well... back in my country, English, European Spanish, and Germany but here I will be taking the French language."

"Really? So do you know any French words now?"

"Not really but I'm learning since it would be the language I need to study now. But there are few words like... Bonjour which means Hello, Good morning, Bienvenue means welcome, and Je T'aime which means I love you."