Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Empire State Building

Leo might not be sure of where their relationship might be heading, but he thinks that whatever Mich said would be fine and that he doesn't need to worry about it. The feelings he had with Mich just grew along the way and he couldn't stop it. He texted Staffan that everything works out perfectly and his new friend became supportive of whatever might happen after this day to Mich and Leo.

"Why do you want to go to the Empire State Building? Is it worth it, Leo?" he asked him while driving.

Leo shrugged, "I don't know if it's gonna be worth it, but what I just knew that I won't be here for too long so I might visit the place before it's too late." He answered, his shoulder drop at the thought that he has to leave soon enough and has to leave everything behind. "Do you think what we have right now would work?"

Mich smiled, "we'll see that eventually, but because we're just trying to enter this new situation between us. I guess, we have to look out for every possible situation. And it must be hard to see you go, Leo. Or if have some time, I would visit you in your country and stay with you, left my job and—"

"Stop it right there, Mich." Leo chuckles. "You're taking it too fast, we just confessed our feelings to each other and you're already jumping to those things. And one more thing, it would be hard for us to hang out together then people will start giving gossiping and making conclusions about it. I hate it when I became the center of attention of I hope what we had right now wouldn't lead to that point and..."

"And what?" Mich raised his brow. "I feel like you've got a lot to say so speak it up."

"About Stacy," Leo rasped. "And how immediately removed the photo you sent on our conversation. I feel like—"

"You're jealous, I get it," Mich smirked. "And I'm sorry about that, I mistakenly sent our photo together. I was trying to send it to her but I clicked your icon. I don't know what you felt after that, but you have to know that nothing is going on between me and Stacy. She's a good friend, she's nice and all but there's not a thing that I would do her. Just to clarify it and I hope you'll understand that she's nothing but a friend. And you're my more than a friend, okay?!"

"Okay, and I'm not jealous." Leo stand corrected. "I just felt like you're hiding it from me."

"Sounds like jealous," he chuckles.

Leo sighed, "I hope she's nothing but a friend."

"Leo," his tone came a little soft. "If I tell you one thing, then that's the truth. You have to trust me, okay? I'm not gonna fool you around and I'm not playing you around because I honestly like you. Your shy type personality, your seemingly nice attitude, and how you look at me... I guess that's the reason that made me fond of you. You don't look at me like the other people do, you made it different and somehow I manage to wonder what it is, and here we are with something great to start."

"Right," he sighed.

"And what's with the sigh again?" Mich asked.

Leo abruptly shakes his head, "No, nothing!" he exclaimed, waving his hand. "I'm just happy that we've come here together with one common thing. Because I thought you'll ignore me forever, that I won't see you again, and from last two weeks that it would be the last time I'm seeing you..."

"So, it's a good decision that I've come here, right?" he smiled.

Leo nodded, "yeah, I guess so..."