Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Winter break

It's been a week since Carter found out about Leo and Mich's secret relationship. Carter completely ignores his presence even though they were just in the same room. When Leo's around, Carter will immediately shut himself down before Leo could talk to him. His disbelief of how these situations turn out and lead him not to talk about it. Leo tried to reach out to him many times but whenever he tried, he's always going to leave or put some earphones on.

Leo never told to Mich that Carter finds about it. They talked but it's not like what it used to be. He feels so wrecked and broken because he didn't expect that this thing will lead to this situation. The only person Leo able to talk in person was Staffan and because he knows about his relationship with Mich, he's the only one who understands what he's been going through.

Staffan was there when he needed someone to talk to. It's like he was his only friend that he could convey his emotions and that he doesn't need to keep he's feeling inside. Staffan made some advice and suggestion to Leo that could help him to reach out to Carter and even though he had the plan, he doesn't have the guts to do it.

"Mich's five minutes away," Leo said to Carter when he received a message from Mich. Carter didn't even bother to acknowledge his presence and continue packing his stuff. He heaves out a deep sighed as his shoulder dropped together.

Because Carter keeps ignoring him, he continued packing up some remaining stuff he will bring back to the O'Rileys. It's been a hard week for him because he wasn't able to communicate with his roommate—the closest friend he has except for Staffan. Lately, Carter went out with his friends and have dinner with them to avoid Leo. Leo understands what he's doing and why he became cold all of a sudden, he tried to explain but it seems like Carter wouldn't want to hear his explanations anymore. It's like when he speaks, it goes right through his ear like it didn't matter.

So every night, Leo has his dinner by himself and sometimes with Staffan, when possible.

When Leo finished packing his stuff, he looked at Carter who put his stuff near the door and leaves them unattended. He's been wondering how he will be able to get his attention back when he doesn't want to be in the same room with him. That he keeps avoiding him. That Leo feels like he did a big mistake when it's just sort of misunderstanding.

A moment later when Carter came back in the room and grabs his stuff, without speaking a word he walked out of the door. He followed him and almost called his name when he found Mich heading to their room. When their eyes met, Leo immediately looks away from him. He doesn't know how to tell it to hem but he can't continue in this kind of situation. He can't bear it all and might be the reason that people will hate him from now own.

Just what he thought of, he's afraid when people know his secret and then people will start avoiding him.

"Hey, are you going to bring some heavy stuff?" Mich said.

Leo shakes his head, "No, just those things." Leo pointed to the backpack and the duffel bag.

"I'll pick it up to them for you," Mich said and he entered the room to grab his bags. When Leo secured their room, he locked the door.

"Hey, I can carry my stuff," Leo said, pulling the handle from Mich's hand.

Mich creased his forehead, "what are you doing, Leo? Let me carry it for you." He said with finality in his tone.

"Sure..." he said and then started walking past by him.

Mich abruptly followed him and hold his shoulder and turned him to face him. "What's the matter now? Did I do something wrong? Why are you so cold to me now? And why do I feel like there's something I need to know. And one more thing, you're hanging my call immediately when you don't even do that before. What's going on in your mind?"

"Carter knows," he confessed and it brought horror to Mich's face.

His jaw clenched, trying to process it all at once.

"I don't know how he finds out about it but he knows because he's been watching us. And last week, he confronted me about our relationship. He was already there when you're about to leave—he saw you kissing me and after that, he ignores me until now..."

"Shit," he hissed. "I know I said I will handle him. But I'm gonna talk to him, okay? Don't worry about it. I'll explain and he will understand." He took a deep breath, "I should've known better..." he grunted. "C'mon, let's get to the car now."

"Okay..." Leo muttered as they walked down the stairs and walked out of the building.

When they go to the car and saw Carter sitting in the back and he occupied the space beside him with his bags. Mich told Leo that he should just take the sit in front while he puts his bag on the trunk. As Leo hop inside the car, he couldn't move his head and turn to see Carter on the back. Carter's wearing an earphone and covered his eyes with the beanie. When Mich finished putting Leo's things in the truck, he goes to the driver's seat and when he found Carter avoiding anyone, he sighed and look at Leo and mouthed, I'm sorry.

Leo just shows a weak smile and put on his seatbelt.

As they head back to Scarsdale, no one talks and share their excitement about the holidays. Leo doesn't know how he will spend his winter break when there's someone who hated him and he can't enjoy everything because it's attacking his conscience. And it seems like Carter won't let it go and with his only a few months left to stay, Leo was still looking forward to being okay with Carter.

Soon, Mich dropped Leo into the O'Rileys. Carter still doesn't make a sound or any usual things he does. Leo quietly jumped out of the car and followed by Mich. They went back to the car and open the trunk to grabbed Leo's things.

"Hey, Leo..."

"It's okay, Mich. And you should talk to your brother first,"

He sighed, "I will and we will talk, okay?"

Leo just gives him a nod and as he got his bags on his hands. He didn't let him carried it for him and Leo told him they should go now. As Mich's head back inside the car, Leo walks to the front door and not that long when Jacky opens the door for him and greeted him with a tight hug.

"Rachel will be coming home later," Jacky said. "Do you want to eat something? Are you hungry?"

Leo shakes his head, "Thanks tita but I think I'm gonna rest for the meantime."

"Oh, sure... I'll let you be." Rachel patted his shoulder. "It's nice to have you back, Leo."

Leo showed a weak smile, "me too... I should go to my room now."

"Yeah, go on, have some rest," Jacky said.

Leo carried his bags to the room and he landed on his bed like he had no energy left in his body. What's going through between him and Carter affects him in every way because he's not comfortable when someone ignored and mad at him. He hopes that Mich can talk it way out to Carter because, in this situation, he wouldn't fall into this moment if Mich didn't tell him so.

Maybe after this day or during the winter break, their friendship will be fixed and his relationship with Michel will remain.