Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Playground

Leo helps her auntie to set the table while cooking her dishes, she's almost done so she needed some help from him. Rachel isn't home yet and Leo would like to help her around the house chores too. As he puts the plates, glass, and the utensils on the table, his mind flew somewhere back at the thought where he and Mich went out together. He was still a little confused why would Mich brought him there alone, or is there anything up on the line?

"Leo," Jacky called his name and Leo brought back to his senses. He looked at him, "I have been calling you a few times? Where was your mind at?" She giggles.

Leo instantly shakes his head, "Oh, nothing..."

She smiled, "Oh, are you nervous about the start of the class next week?"

He nodded as if it's the one he's been thinking. "Yeah, that's it."

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. You won't even miss your family back home because we're here with you, Leo. So whatever happens, think of happy thoughts." She said and Leo smiled. "Anyway, it's already dinner and Rachel isn't home yet. Do you know where she is?"

Leo shrugged off his shoulder, "I don't have any idea where she would be now. I just know that she's with her friends. She might be going home by now,"

"I hope she does and or she won't be having dinner here with us." Jacky scoffed. Though she doesn't need to tell Rachel what she needs to do, she's an adult now and she can do whatever she wants.

"Maybe she'll home soon..." he muttered.

As much as they wanted to wait for Rachel to have dinner all together, Jacky decided to go on without her. Leo requested to have some rice on their dinner table as he couldn't get satisfied without the rice on his stomach. The Asian adversity inside of him couldn't live without it. They started eating together.

"Leo," Jacky called him, creasing her forehead. "Your shirt looks big on you, don't you have enough clothes? We can go to some shop tomorrow and I'll buy you some."

He immediately shakes his head, "No, you don't need to do that for me, Tita." He winced and hesitated a little if he will tell it about to her. "Actually, this shirt was from Mich—Carter's brother..."

"Oh, he's back already?" Jacky seems surprised, "Well, that's good for them. So, why were you wearing his shirt?"

"Ah, Carter invited me to play with them and we all got sweat after playing under the sun. Then Rachel left, they invited me to go to their house and I just took a shower there and he just let me borrowed his old shirt, it's kinda big for me but it's comfy." I answered.

Jacky chuckles, "It's nice you're getting comfortable around the neighborhood."

"Yes, I really feel so welcomed in this place and to you and Rachel, thank you for making me feel so at home and let me stay here. I really appreciate everything. And of course, I'm also happy that I've met some new people and I'm looking forward to more things that I can experience here. It's nice to be here, actually..."

"Well, I'm happy that you felt that, Leo." Jacky smiled. "You'll enjoy your stay here and if you finished college and decided to go back here, we'll welcome you once again. We would really love that to happen."

"Thank you, Tita."

When they finished eating, Leo helps Jacky cleans the table.

"I remember something," Jacky said and Leo immediately looks at her. "Mich is really a good guy, his parents we're proud of him, of his decisions in life so when he got deployed, they were sad because they don't know what will happen abroad. The fear upon knowing that he could go back home, or heard the sad news that he's gone. But that's the nature of his work, and I'm also proud of him..."