Chapter 21

Here we are, sat in some fairly fancy Indian restaurant. There had been a lot of arguments about that; Indian, Italian, or Chinese. Irritating, is how I would describe it. But, Ryan is trying. He just wants my family to like him, in particular my Dad.

“Do you have any favourite moments from the tour?” My Mum asked, breaking the awkward silence.

“I have loved every second, well, almost every second.” I smiled.

“I liked bowling that was a fun day, the manager really should have woken you up, I could have kidnapped you.” Ryan laughed.

“That was fun, New York was amazing though.” I reminded him.

“Technically not part of the tour.” Ry reminded me. “You guys get up to anything interesting?”

“Not particularly.” Dad shrugged.

“Did you like Vampire Diaries? Amy looked for a long time.” Ryan told Izz.

“It was super good, Ric is back!” She exclaimed happily.

“That’s brilliant. Now, Mr Tedder, can you tell us what is happening tomorrow?” I turned to Ryan.

“Not at all Miss Thomson. Be ready to leave at 8. That’s all you’re going to get.” Ry replied, he was proud of himself with this one. But something is bothering him.

“What should I wear?” The answer I got, was a smirk combined with a glare.

“Not telling.”

“Fine. Pick something out for me?”

“Deal. Oh, and you guys are coming of course.” He looked at them all expectantly.

“I don’t know.” Andrew said, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh please, it would be so great if you could.” Ryan pleaded, I can’t believe Andrew would say that after Ry bought him Liverpool tickets. He should owe him.

“Alright then.” He sighed.

“Trust me, you’ll enjoy it. You may not think so yet.” Ry smiled happily. “Mark will you be coming?” My Dad looked over at Mum before replying.

“I will.”

“Jeez, try not to sound so excited.” I muttered sarcastically, Ryan elbowed me in an effort to shut me up. “Squishy, when will you learn that don’t work with me?”

“Never Dory.” He laughed, pulling me in for a hug. “I know some of you don’t like me all that much.” His eyes fell on my Dad. “And think this isn’t right for Amy. But I can honestly tell you I have never been happier, I know you don’t believe me all that much, you don’t really have reason to. But I mean it. She is my light, my match, my burning sun.”