Request•Elijah

Requested by @tiffu13

Imagine the Mikaelsons throwing a ball for your birthday and while you're there, Elijah confesses his love for you

Being Rebekah Mikaelson's best friend meant that no matter what you always had a good time. It also meant that you had a whole Original family looking out for you, at all times.

But with all that, you fell for Elijah Mikaelson. You tried not to, but you couldn't help yourself. He was just perfect. And when you first met him, you found yourself randomly thinking about him. You had a huge crush on him.

When Rebekah found out, she was totally against the idea of you liking her brother, but eventually she got used to it. She even tried to help you get with him on multiple occasions, but he never seemed to get the hint. Or he did and simply didn't like you that way.

Either way, you still had a crush on him and it wasn't going away anytime soon.

The Mikaelsons were throwing a ball for your birthday, they invited tons of people and decorated everything beautifully. You stood in front of your mirror, fixing your hair as you waited for Rebekah to tell you that everything was ready.

After a few minutes, she came in and told you that it was time to go down. You followed her out and down the stairs. Klaus introduced you, by loudly informing everybody who you were. People were dancing, and eating, and many people wished you happy birthday as you walked by.

You took a glass of wine from a server, before sitting down on a bench. You looked around and noticed a certain witch dancing with Elijah. The sight of Elijah and Davina dancing made you angry. Rebekah came over and sat down, beside you.

"You know, y/n. Why don't you dance with Kol, to make him jealous?" Rebekah asked.

"Good idea," you said, handing her your drink, before standing up. You approached Kol, who was across the room, talking to a girl. 

"Hey Kol, wanna dance?" You asked.

"Actually, I was going to dance with this girl," Kol explained.

"But it's my birthday, so come on," you said, grabbing his hand and dragging him onto the dance floor. You began dancing with him, gaining the attention of many people, since the ball was for you.

Elijah glanced over at you, from his spot dancing with Davina. You finished your dance with Kol, before Elijah approached you.

"Y/n," he said, to gain your attention.

"Oh hey, Elijah," you said, pretending you didn't notice him walk up to you.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked, holding his hand out.

"Sure," you replied, pretending not to care, but really you're heart was racing. You placed your hand in his, which he took and then began dancing with you.

"So, how are you enjoying tonight so far?" Elijah asked.

"It's nice, thank you for doing this," you said.

"It's really no problem. I would do anything for my little sister's best friend," Elijah said, spinning you around. You were pressed up against his chest and he looked at you for a moment, before speaking, "Will you come to the terrace with me? I have something I need to tell you."

"Alright," you said, trying to not blush, but you did. Your hand was still in his as he led you outside. Finally you got there and he turned to you.

"Y/n, I need to confess something to you," Elijah said.

"Then go ahead," you said, thinking about what he could possibly need to tell you.

"I have feelings for you," he admitted, causing your eyes to widen.

"Romantic feelings?" You asked, not believing what you were hearing. You didn't mind him having feelings for you, since you had a crush on him, but you couldn't believe it.

"Yes. I think that I'm in love with you," he said and then paused, before speaking again, "I know that I am in love with you. And it's no secret that you feel the same way."

"Really? What gave me away?" You asked, slightly smiling.

"I could hear your heart racing, and you blush a lot whenever your near me," Elijah said, a slight smile also on his face. He looked down at you and tucked a hair behind your ear, before leaning in. You closed the space and kissed him. You began blushing, just a few seconds before he pulled away.

"That's the blush I'm talking about," he said, smiling.

"This is officially the best birthday ever," you said, causing Elijah to chuckle.

"So, y/n. Would you like to dance again?" He asked.

"Sure," you replied, as he pulled you back inside. And that was the beginning of your beautiful relationship with Elijah.