13•Kai

Imagine that you feel insecure, and Kai makes you feel better

You stood in front of the mirror, looking at your body in disgust.  You were wearing a pair of shorts, and a bra, so you could take a good look at yourself.

It wasn't odd for this to occur. Every once in a while after a shower you did this. It probably didn't help your self esteem much to stare in the mirror and point out everything that's wrong with yourself.

You looked at your stomach, which stuck out. Your eyes then trailed down to your thighs and butt, your thighs were too big, and your butt wasn't big enough, in your opinion. You always saw how models had perfect figures . They made you ask the question, why don't I look like them?

It wasn't like you were an ugly girl. You were gorgeous and everybody else thought so as well, but you just, didn't see it, at all.

Most people's insecurities don't affect their everyday life, yours did. They prevented you from doing simple things, such as wearing shorts. You never wore shorts, or anything even a bit revealing.

This also meant, nobody had ever gone swimming with you. Nobody had seen your body and you liked it that way.

For clothes, you wore a hoodie, or t-shirt and sweatpants. If you did wear jeans for whatever reason, all of your jeans were too big.

Not even your loving boyfriend of 2 months, Kai had seen you in shorts. Kai loved you a lot, and he was aware of your insecurities and made sure to compliment you often. Even with all of that, you were still sometimes uncomfortable with him putting his hands on your hips and even sometimes kissing.

He had never seen you in anything less then a t-shirt and sweatpants, that was, until he decided to surprise you.

You hadn't even heard him enter the home, you weren't supernatural and you weren't focused on anything else. He hadn't said a word, knowing he was going to surprise you.

You had informed him earlier that you had, had a rough day, and he decided to come over, without telling you first.

Suddenly, your door opened and your eyes snapped over to who had entered. Your eyes went wide when you were met with Kai, holding a bag and milkshake from Chick-fil-A. His eyes trailed over your body, over and over again. You assumed he was finally realizing why you stayed hidden behind an over sized hoodie.

He sat down the stuff, not saying a word as he approached you. He tucked a damp hair behind your ear, causing you to look up at him. He put his hands on either side of your face and kissed your forehead. 

"Your body is gorgeous," he said, his lips still hovering over your forehead.

"Really?" You whispered, surprised at his response. A tear fell, when he first came in, you thought he was disgusted and going to break up with you.

"Really," Kai responded, wiping the tears from your cheeks.

"How, though?" You asked, looking back to the mirror.

"What do you mean 'how'? It just is," Kai said.

"I don't know," you replied.

"You should wear shorts more," Kai said, looking into the mirror.

"Maybe," you replied.

"Now, do you want to eat? I got waffle fries," he said, causing you to smile big.

"Yes, I want to eat," you said, throwing a t-shirt on. You two then went downstairs and sat the food on the coffee table.

Then, you sat on the couch, while Kai put some music on. Normally, you two didn't watch T.V. while you ate, you just sat and talked with some music in the background. Kai came back over and sat down beside you.

He removed the food from the bag and handed you yours. It wasn't long before you both were digging into your food.

"You know, all of your friends are getting together at the pool this Friday. You should go," Kai suggested.

"I don't know, are you going to be there?" You asked, hope in your eyes.

"No, you know I can't hang out with you guys. Your friends hate me, you're lucky they let you date me," he said, causing you to sigh. You knew he was right, your friends only approved of you dating him, as long as they never had to hang out with him.

"I know," you said.

"But, you should think about it. I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun. You do know how to swim, right?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah. I know how to swim," you replied. He smiled, and then you two continued eating together.

---

Friday, came along, and you stood, staring at yourself in the mirror. You had just put on the swimsuit that Kai had helped you pick out. He insisted on you wearing a bikini, even though you wanted a one piece. But there you stood, wearing a red swim top with black bottoms. 

"Hey y/n, you look great," Kai said, entering the room.

"Thanks," you replied, throwing on a t-shirt, and a pair of jean shorts.

"I'll drop you off," Kai said, grabbing his car keys, and your bag. You two then went to the car and got inside. As you got closer, you began chewing on your nails. It was your nervous habit.

"Hey, babe, it'll be fine," Kai said, setting his hand on your thigh in an attempt to calm you down.

"Okay," you replied, taking a deep breath and resting your hand on Kai's. He smiled at you, as you pulled into the parking lot. You grabbed your swim bag, and looked to Kai.

"Have fun, I love you," he said, giving you a quick kiss.

"I love you too," you replied, getting out of his car and walking towards the pool. You paid to get in and then walked through the woman's changing room and towards the pool.

You looked around and spotted Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie. You walked towards them, and nervously playing with the bottom of your shirt.

"Hey y/n! Get over here!" Caroline happily said, welcoming you over.

"Hey," you said.

"We were just about to get into the pool," Bonnie informed you, before she took her shirt she had over her swimsuit off. You gulped while everybody did the same.

God, they all look better than me, you thought.

"Well, y/n, are you going to wear your clothes in?" Elena joked.

"Um, no," you replied, before taking your shirt, and shorts off. 

"You look great," Bonnie complimented you.

"Thanks, so do all of you," you said, and they all smiled at you. You then all got into the pool and talked for a while. Finally, you said your goodbyes and went home. 

You were now in dry clothes, as you walked towards Kai car.

"Hey y/n, did you have fun?" Kai asked, after you buckled in and kissed him.

"Yup," you replied, happily. You were no longer as nervous as you were hours ago.

"See, I told you," he said, smiling at your happiness.

"Yup, I should of tried that a long time ago," you said.

"You should of," he replied, and you two drove home. You were still insecure from that day on, but you didn't let it get in the way of things you wanted to do

 You were still insecure from that day on, but you didn't let it get in the way of things you wanted to do