30•Stefan

Imagine meeting Stefan in 1863, but you meet him again years later

1863

"Stefan, Damon, this is Y/n Y/l/n, she'll be staying with us for a few weeks while her parents are away on business," Giuseppe Salvatore said, introducing you to his two sons, Damon and Stefan.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Y/l/n," Stefan said, kissing your hand.

"The pleasure is all mine," you said, before Damon mimicked Stefan's actions, kissing your hand as well.

"I look forward to getting to know you," Damon said, and you only smiled politely in response. While Damon was very handsome, you were more interested in Stefan. Giuseppe showed you to your room, and had the servants bring your things in. You thanked them, before they left you alone. 

A Few Weeks Later

Over the past few weeks, you and Stefan had fallen in love. You absolutely adored everything about him, but all good things must come to an end. It was time for you to return home, to your boring everyday life.

You were going to miss living with the Salvatores. The past few weeks had been the best of your life. Stefan and you hung out and bonded a lot. Even though, Damon constantly tried to win your affection with gifts and other things, you were in love with Stefan Salvatore.

But you knew that you couldn't stay, your secret was too big to keep from your precious Stefan and there was no way you would let him find out about you killing people to survive. You were a vampire for about 20 years now. You constantly used the lie about your parents to find shelter at their friends' places, but you couldn't do it for much longer. And you never intended on falling for somebody you lived with, it just happened.

"Must you go already?" Stefan asked, as you stood by the door. The servants were carrying your bags out.

"Yes, I must, but thank you for everything, Stefan," you said, before kissing him on the cheek. He blushed a bit, as you offered a kind smile.

"Will you at least write to me?" Stefan asked, and you only responded with a sad smile.

"No, I cannot. I have too many secrets, and I don't want to lead you on," you said, trying your best not to let tears fall. You felt so bad doing this to him, if it were up to you, you would stay and let him be the love of your life.

"Please, Y/n," Stefan begged. You could tell you were breaking his heart.

"Goodbye Stefan, tell Damon I said goodbye as well. I can't handle breaking two Salvatore's hearts," you said, before turning around and leaving. You blinked back tears as you walked away.

"Wait, Y/n!" Stefan called, causing you to turn around. He held something in his hands, and handed it to you.

"It's beautiful, Stefan," you complimented the necklace that was in your hands.

"It's so you never forget me," Stefan explained, causing you to smile.

"Oh, Stefan. Nothing could ever make me forget you," you said, before looking him in the eyes, "I'm sorry."

"What are you-"

"You will not cry over me or miss me at all. To you, I was simply a close friend, who left way too soon." He repeated the words, before you pulled away.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Miss Y/l/n," Stefan said, smiling at you.

"It was nice to meet you as well, Mr. Salvatore. I hope the rest of your life treats you well," you said.

"Same to you," he said, before walking away. As soon as you began your journey away, you began crying, hugging the necklace close to yourself.

Present Day (But before he met Elena)

As soon as Stefan became a vampire, the memories of you hit him like a truck. He remembered everything. Every time you hung out, every time you kissed his cheek, all leading up to you leaving. Eventually he got over it, but he still had feelings for you. 

He was now aware that you were a vampire, and he was hoping to find you one day. So, he was traveling the earth, following clues that may lead him to you.

You were currently sitting in the Mystic Grill. You were only passing through Mystic Falls, trying to enjoy life.

"I'll take a bourbon," a man to your left said, causing the bartender to pour him some. That voice, it sounded too familiar. You were staring at the counter when you realized who that voice belonged to.

There's no way, you thought to yourself, before looking up, oh my god. Damon Salvatore sat there, drinking a glass of bourbon. He glanced over at you, when he noticed you staring at him.

"Do you have an issue?" Damon asked, raising an eyebrow. Of course he doesn't remember me, you thought. In his defense, he wasn't in love with you or anything, it was just a crush.

"Is it really you?" You asked, fully looking up at him. His eyes went wide when he saw your face.

"Y/n?" He asked, in disbelief. You nodded in response.

"That's me," you responded, smiling a bit. You held on to your hope that Stefan became a vampire as well. Although, you also didn't want him to ever have to be one, but if he was then you might as well be grateful for it.

"Oh, Stefan will be happy to see that you're back," Damon said, smirking at you.

"Stefan got turned as well?" You asked.

"Yup, we both did," Damon said, before turning to the door to see who walked in, "Speaking of my baby brother." You turned to see him looking and you swore your heart just about stopped. He made eye contact with you, and your heart began beating faster. This was the moment you dreamed of, for years. Stefan approached you two, slightly smiling at you.

"Y/n?" He asked, his voice sounded a mix of excited, surprised, and happy.

"Hello, Mr. Salvatore," you said, smiling at him. He chuckled, before you ran to him, and hugged him tight.

"God, I missed you," Stefan said, hugging you back.

"I missed you too," you said, not wanting to let go.

"Well, I'll leave you two love birds be. Oh, and Stefan, I'll deal with you later," Damon said, setting some money on the counter, before walking out.

"I've been searching for you for a while," Stefan admitted, after you pulled away.

"Really?" You asked, trying to contain your joy.

"Yeah, it was kind of rude to compel me though," he whispered, causing you chuckle.

"I didn't want you to hurt over me, but it's obvious you did," you said.

"You would be right about that," he said, smiling.

"Well don't worry, because I'm not going anywhere now," you said, reaching up and putting your arms around his neck.

"Promise?" He asked, resting his hands on your waist.

"Promise," you said, smiling, before leaning in to kiss him.

A/N: Hello everybody! I am just going to inform you that this will be the last imagine of this book. But if you are interested I am going to be working on TVD Universe Imagine book that will include characters from The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Legacies. It will also include the girls as well. So that will be coming soon for all of you who are interested. Also, thanks to anybody who read my book, voted on it, commented on it, and even added it to their reading list. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed writing these, which is exactly why I am making the TVD Universe book. Anyway have a nice day!