22•Stefan

Imagine Stefan eating dinner with you and your family, but he ends up finding out your family is extremely dysfunctional and toxic

For 6 months you managed to do it. You had managed to keep your messed up and toxic family a secret from your boyfriend, Stefan. But you couldn't hide it not after Stefan asked to meet your parents.

As far as your family went, they were toxic. Everybody was constantly yelling, the house was a big mess. It was littered with trash and random things you had collected over the years.

Of course, your family wasn't always like this. It started when you were about 10. Before that, everything was perfect. That was until, your brother died. That broke your family, your mom grew depressed and blamed herself, and your dad became cold and heartless. This resulted in tons of fighting, that was why you moved out as soon as you could.

But there you were, in the car with Stefan, nervous as ever.

"Why are you so nervous?" Stefan asked.

"No reason," you replied.

"Come on y/n, there's got to be a reason," Stefan said.

"I don't want to talk about it," you said, turning away to stare out a window.

"Okay," Stefan said, sighing. He hated when you wouldn't talk to him, but he didn't want to start an argument, so he left you alone. Finally, you pulled into the drive way and your heart was racing.

"Y/n, it'll be okay. I promise," Stefan said, gently squeezing your hand and giving you a smile. You gave him a fake smile before getting out of the car. The two of you held hands as you walked to the door. When you got to it, you gave a deep breathe, before ringing the doorbell.

After a few moments, your mother answered the door, with the biggest smile you had ever seen.

"Oh my god! Y/n! I've missed you so much!" She exclaimed, pulling you in for a hug. She then turned to Stefan, "You must be Stefan, I'm y/n's mom." She held her hand out for Stefan to shake it.

"Yeah, it's lovely to meet you Mrs. l/n," Stefan said, shaking her hand.

"Come on in, we have dinner ready in the dining room," your mother said, moving out of the way. Your mind was filled with questions as you walked in, which room is the dining room? How are we going to get there if the mess is in the way? My mom still knows how to cook?

You almost gasped when you snapped from your thoughts and looked around. The house was cleaned, and everything was very organized.

"You have a beautiful home," Stefan complimented.

"Aw, thank you. You're really sweet," your mom said, smiling. You all went into the dining room and sat down. Your father walked in and greeted Stefan.

"You must be Mr. Salvatore," your dad said, sitting down. He held his hand out and Stefan shook it.

"Yup, it's a pleasure to meet you sir," Stefan said, smiling politely at your father. The dinner started and everything was going great, until your parents had a disagreement.

"Excuse me, me and my husband need a moment," your mother said, her face angry as ever.

"Oh, alright," Stefan responded, as they got up and walked out. After a moment, you heard screaming and stuff smashing.

"Ow, you bitch!" You heard your dad yell, obviously in pain. You shot up to make sure that nobody was seriously hurt. Stefan made the mistake of going in behind you.

When you entered, you found where all the mess went. The door led to a hallway and a bunch of rooms, and they were covered in trash. Stefan stood there, his eyes wide as he observed the mess.

"Well, now you know why I wouldn't introduce you to my family," you said. You jumped when you heard your parents yell again. You gave Stefan a worried look, before walking into the room. Glass was smashed on the floor and a few pieces were in your dad's arm.

You hated this when you were a teenager, who wouldn't? But it happened all the time, and each time it made you want to cry even more. You missed when your family was normal.

Stefan looked at you and saw the way your face fell and the way the tears appeared in your eyes.

"It's okay y/n," Stefan said, gently trying to comfort you.

"No, no it's not," you said, listening to your parents yelling, not caring about you or Stefan. You snapped and screamed at them, "Shut up!"

Your parents looked at you and Stefan, before putting on a smile.

"Stefan! Why don't you go back to the living room?" Your mother asked.

"No, actually, we need to go." Stefan stated.

"Oh, alright, well we were happy to have you," your mother said, as your father stood behind her, trying to hide as he tugged out the glass pieces.

"Yeah, see you another time," Stefan said, grabbing your hand, before quickly leaving. You left the house and got to the car. When you got in, you gave a deep sigh.

"Y/n, why didn't you tell me?" Stefan asked, observing your expression.

"I didn't want you to worry," you replied.

"But the issue is, I need to worry. How long did you live like that?" Stefan asked, his face full of concern and worry.

"Since I was 10," you replied.

"You should of told me," Stefan said.

"I know," you replied, sighing and looking down.

"So, you lived like that? Trash and everything?" Stefan asked.

"Ever since my brother died," you said, looking up at him.

"Oh, y/n. I'm so sorry," he said, hugging you.

"Thanks for caring," you said, letting tears flow.

"I will always care." Stefan said, resting his head on top of yours.

" Stefan said, resting his head on top of yours