27•Stefan

Imagine Stefan feeling like you'll leave him for Damon

You and Stefan had been dating for about a month now and it has been going great. You thought Stefan was the best boyfriend ever. He was sweet, funny, caring, and adorable. But he had a fear that you would leave him for Damon.

Ever since Elena chose Damon over him, he's had a fear that his new girlfriend would prefer Damon over him. Of course, Damon was dating Elena right now, but Stefan knew that you could still like Damon if you wanted to.

But you didn't, you loved Stefan. He loved you as well, even more than he loved Elena, and that's why it scared him so much. It especially made him mad when he saw you and Damon hanging out together. 

He was always there of course, but sometimes you and Damon would go off on your own. You had no romantic feelings for Damon, and he had none for you. You liked him as a person, he was a good friend and you liked him as a friend, but nothing more.

You mostly hung out with Damon because you thought it would make Stefan happy to see his girlfriend and bother bonding. One day, he informed you of his insecurity and it was not a pretty sight.

"Want a drink?" Damon asked, pouring himself a glass of bourbon.

"Sure, why not?" You said, and Damon poured you a glass. He handed it to you and you took a sip. You were cuddled up next to Stefan on the couch, and he rested his arm around your shoulders.

"Since when did you like bourbon y/n?" Stefan asked.

"Well, when you were putting out that fire I made trying to cook bacon, I was talking to Damon and he had me try it," you explained, and Stefan nodded.

"Yeah, she didn't like it at first. But she tried some more and liked it," Damon added on.

"Interesting," Stefan said.

"Hey y/n, remember when Stefan was trying to fix that leaky pipe, and you kept slipping on the kitchen floor," Damon said, laughing at the memory.

"Yeah," you replied, a smile on your lips. For the next half hour, you and Damon talked about the funny moments you've had together. Each one, Stefan wasn't there for. So, he just sat off to the side, listening to all of the fun you and Damon have had together.

As he sat there, his lips curved into a frown and tears came to his eyes. He blinked and one fell, causing Damon to give him a concerned look.

"Are you good, Stef?" He asked, causing you to look over at your boyfriend. Your face fell when you saw his face, he looked like he was about to start sobbing any second.

"Yeah, i'm fine," Stefan said, getting up and walking away, leaving you and Damon alone.

"I'll go check on him," you said, after you and Damon exchanged looks. You got up, setting your glass down, and then went to find Stefan

You went into his room and found him, running a hand through his hair and letting his tears fall. You sat down on the bed, alerting him of your presence. Gently, you reached up and began rubbing his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down.

He pushed his shoulder back, resulting in your hand falling back to your side.

"What's the matter?" You asked, trying to get a good look at his face, but he had it turned away from you.

"Go back to Damon," Stefan spoke.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"We all know you prefer him over me. So, go. Go be with Damon," Stefan said, still not looking at you.

"Who ever said that I prefer Damon over you?" You asked.

"You can see it! You guys obviously have a lot of fun! So go, be with the one you love," Stefan said, gently pushing you away, trying to get you to leave.

"I am with the one I love," you said and then added on, "His name is Stefan Salvatore. He has amazing and soft hero hair." You reached up and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"He's also smart, brave, and loving. He's the sweetest guy that I've ever met. And I would choose him over his annoying brother, any day," you spoke, letting a hand rest on his cheek. He offered you a small smile, before you added on, "And, most importantly, I love him."

"I love you too," he said, as you used your thumb to wipe tears away. He kissed you, before asking another question, "So, you won't leave me for Damon?"

"No, I will not. I'm not Elena Gilbert," you said, and Stefan chuckled. You then said, "I'll love you until the day that I die. And I'm a vampire, so that day won't be anytime soon."

"I'm so lucky to have you," Stefan said.

"No, Stefan. I'm lucky to have you," you replied, smiling. And after that day, Stefan never worried about you liking his brother again.

A/N: I would like to apologize for not updating for a long time. A lot of stuff has been going on and I needed a break. But I'm back. I'm going to try and upload atleast one imagine every day, instead of two like I used to. Anyways thank you to everybody who read and voted on my imagines, I really appreciate it.

As always, you may request an imagine and I will get to it. I hope you enjoyed this imagine and I hope you all have a great day/night.