21•Elijah

Imagine Elijah having to watch you die from a wolf bite

"Where the hell is he?!" Elijah yelled, smashing a nearby vase. It wasn't normal for him to react like this to anything. But a wolf had bitten you, and you were currently dying.

Of course, Klaus was no where to be found. Freya had given you some herbs to stop the hallucinations, but you were still hurting.

"Lijah," you managed to say and he immediately turned to you. His face softened as he rushed over to you. He sat down on the bed and laid a hand on your leg before speaking.

"Yes, my love?" He asked, his voice softer and calmer.

"Klaus isn't going to answer, I'm going to die," you said. You wanted to cry, you wanted to sob, but you didn't even have the energy to do that.

"My brother will answer. You won't die, y/n. I give-"

"Don't make promises you can't keep," you said, giving him a weak smile, "I know if you break your word, it'll break you. So, don't give me your word."

"You can't die y/n," he said, tears coming to his eyes.

"But I will Elijah, and I know it's hard but you'll get through this," you said.

"No I won't," Elijah simply stated.

"Yes, you will," you said, causing him to look at you, "Elijah I promise, actually no, I give you my word, you'll get through this. Because I'm going to find peace, and in time, you'll die as well. And we'll find peace together." You said, smiling, he gave you a small smile in return. He got up and lifted you, so he could sit behind you. You rested up against him as your breathing slowed.

He gently took your hand and suddenly you weren't in the room, you were at the decade dance, where you first met Elijah.

"I assume you remember this day?" Elijah asked, and then you thought back to the day.

---

You stood by the drink table, a cup of punch in your hand as you watched Tyler flirt with Caroline. He was supposed to be your date, but he left you to speak with Caroline.

"You look rather angry," a voice spoke, making you look over. You saw Elijah, dressed in his regular suit.

"Yeah, well, I am," you replied, going back to glaring at Tyler and Caroline.

"Ah, my brother's first hybrid, flirting with the girl my brother likes. That sounds like a mess," Elijah said, getting your full attention.

"Wait, you mean your brother is Klaus?" You asked.

"Yes," Elijah replied.

"So you're Elijah?" You asked.

"You've heard of me?" He asked.

"Yup, sure have." You replied.

"Would you like to dance?" Elijah asked.

"Really?" You asked.

"Yes, might as well show Tyler what he's missing," Elijah said, smiling.

"Alright," you said, setting your drink down.

---

"I do remember this night," you said, smiling at the memory. Elijah held out his hand towards you and soon you were in his arms, a large smile on your face.

"And the song?" Elijah asked, as he slowly began dancing with you.

"It's the same one we danced to. Tyler wasn't jealous one bit though," you added on.

"Ah, well. That's okay, because I met you," Elijah said.

"Then it's okay that he left me for Caroline, because I met you," you said.

"You know, in my thousands of years on this earth, I've never met somebody like you. I've never met somebody so beautiful, so strong, so brave, and I've never met somebody who loved me as you do," Elijah said.

"Well, in my 20 years on this earth, I've never met somebody so handsome, so respectful, so caring, and I've never met somebody who loves me like you do," you replied, and Elijah smiled. The moment was interupted, by you groaning in pain.

"Make it stop Elijah, please," you spoke, your voice suddenly getting worse.

"Okay y/n," Elijah gently said, he kissed your forehead before returning to reality. He grabbed a stake off of the nightstand and held it to your chest.

"I love you Lijah," you said, letting your eyes close and a tear fall.

"I love you too," Elijah said, before shoving the stake in your heart. Your eyes shot open, and you gasped, before calming down and letting your eyes close. Elijah let his tears flow, sobbing and holding you, even though you were long gone.

"Elijah! I got a hold of-" Freya paused after entering the room, it was too late. Elijah looked up at her, and Freya spoke again, "Elijah, I'm so sorry." Elijah gently pushed your body off of him, before letting his anger return.

"Yeah, well, that's not going to bring her back."