23•Elijah

Imagine Elijah telling you that he knows you like him

You and Klaus were really good friends. He always invited you to balls, and you hung around his house a lot. Both of you really enjoyed painting, so you painted together sometimes. And sometimes you found yourself painting things that reminded you of his brother, Elijah. 

Klaus knew about your crush on Elijah. And it wasn't just the fact that you always painted a suit, and ended up passing it off as if it wasn't supposed to be Elijah. He also noticed how whenever Elijah would enter the room, your face would light up, and how you would glance at Elijah every 5 seconds to see what he was up to.

You loved everything about Elijah, looks and personality wise. You absolutely loved his hair, especially when it was messy, which wasn't often. 

You had even seen Elijah in something other than a suit. Whenever he went to bed, he wore a t-shirt and sweatpants, and you thought he looked great like that. But you also adored his personality. You loved how much of a gentleman he was, and how sweet he was. He was especially sweet to you, because he liked you, but you didn't understand that he did.

So, with all of that, you found yourself standing off to the sidelines as Klaus discussed their latest enemy with Rebekah. Elijah entered, making your heart begin to beat faster, and faster. You were aware that he could hear it, but there was nothing you could do about it. Elijah offered you a smile, as he walked up to Klaus and Rebekah.

They began whispering about something, making you wonder what they were saying. You tried to listen, but they were obviously talking quiet enough so only vampires could hear them.

"What are you guys whispering about?" You asked, wanting to be included in the conversation.

"Nothing," Klaus said, smirking as Elijah cleared his throat. Rebekah and Klaus were about to exit, before you asked a question.

"Wait! Where are you two going?" You asked, and Rebekah smirked at you before speaking.

"Our dear brother, has something he needs to talk to you about," Rebekah said, before walking out.

"Y/n?" Elijah spoke, causing you to turn around.

"Yes?" You asked, clearing your throat. Even though you've known Elijah for so long, you still worried about messing up and saying something.

"Do you think I don't know?" Elijah said, a small smile on his lips.

"Don't know what?" You asked, your heart beating faster by the minute.

"That you have feelings for me," Elijah spoke.

"I don't know what you're talking about," you said, nervous as ever. Your legs were almost to the point of shaking.

"So, you think I haven't noticed how you glance at me every 5 seconds. Or how you paint me. Or the way you stare at my hair when it's messy," Elijah spoke, causing your face to go red.

"I should probably go," you said, looking down, avoiding Elijah's face.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Elijah asked.

"Do you want me to?" You asked, looking up at him.

"Not really," he said.

"What do you want me to do then?" You asked.

"Show me," Elijah stated.

"Show you what?" You asked.

"Your paintings, of me," Elijah said, causing your face to go even more red, "I know you have some in yours and my brother's art room."

"Come on," you said, with a sigh, abandoning your fear. Elijah followed you and entered the room. Half of the room was yours, so you show Elijah everything. There was a stack in the corner, with a white canvas on top. A note was written saying, Do not touch this pile. You showed him those first and he looked at them. 

He was honestly impressed by your talent as he looked over the paintings. Next you showed him all of your sketches of him.

"I know, you probably think I'm a big creep," you said, looking down.

"No, no. I don't think you're a creep. These drawings and paintings are lovely." He said.

"Really?" You asked.

"Yes," Elijah said, smiling up at you, "So, would you like to get dinner with me sometime?"

"Are you serious?" You asked, not being able to stop the smile from appearing on your face.

"Yes, I'll give Niklaus the details to tell you." Elijah said.

"Okay," you said, happily, running off to tell everybody. Elijah chuckled at your happiness, and that was the begining of a great relationship.

 Elijah chuckled at your happiness, and that was the begining of a great relationship