History Collides

While getting ready to spend New Year’s with their family, he and the boys had gone out once more just them.  Tomorrow Harry would be sneaking to Florida while Liam would be heading to New York City with his family in a few hours. 

“Five of your house drafts.” Louis asked grinning to the bartender as he leaned on the bar. 

“Louis?” A soft almost airy but sweet voice said his name. 

Looking sharply to his side, Louis immediately sucked in a breath at seeing Eleanor standing right there in a pair of fitted jeans and a dark blue long sleeve v-neck shirt with her long dark hair cascading down her shoulders in subtle waves.  Her eyes were lit with surprise at seeing him before a soft smile graced her lips. 

“I knew it was you,” She smiled, unconsciously moving her hair to fall across one shoulder. 

Gulping Louis offered as small smile.  “Hi Eleanor,”

She briefly bit on the inside of her lower lip before gesturing to the seat beside his at the bar.  Louis looked down at the seat like as if he just realized where he was.  Blinking twice, he finally nodded. 

Eleanor ordered a drink before turning to look at him at last, finally having gotten her bearings with the brief pause of ordering.  “How are you?” She asked genuinely, looking up at him, her dark lashes fluttering slightly in her hesitation. 

 “Good.  How,” Louis sighed.  “How are you?” 

Not looking at him but at the bar, a small reluctant smile made its way to her lips once more.  “I’m getting there… I think about you all the time though and I’m sure I will probably regret my choice for a long while,” She said softly so that Louis had to strain to hear her.  Maybe it’ll be our time again later, Eleanor thought as she saw his handsome reflection in the glass behind the bar. “I am so sorry for hurting you.” She gulped slightly because she was.  So much.  She knew that she had hurt him and for that she could ever forgive herself for doing, but at the time, she’d been stressed and selfish. She’d blamed the person closest to her as they all tended to do when in those situations, and that person for her had happened to be Louis…

“Did you at least find what you needed?” Louis asked quietly taking a sip of his beer while gesturing to the bartender if he’d send the others to his mates who were watching him worriedly from their table but Louis gave no sign for their help so they left him alone.

“I thought I was ready- I knew what I was signing up for when we started dating but I guess in the end, even I couldn’t stay myself.  I became Louis’ Eleanor.  I became known as yours, not my own person.” She said before closing her eyes for a small reprieve from Louis’ accusing eyes. 

People had started to approach her, many she didn’t even know, only to criticize and wonder about Louis.  Even people she did know were the same when it came to seeing her. She was no longer just Eleanor, but Louis Tomlinson’s girlfriend.  She wasn’t asked questions her peers were, such as how’s University life? How are you? What are you majoring in? What do you plan to do over the break?

It was more like you’re dating Louis Tomlinson? What’s it like dating a celebrity? Do you think you could get me tickets to the concert?  

Then with the press reporting so many of her moves, she couldn’t even take fun photos of her and her friends, even just messing around without  them going viral for thousands of people to judge, to admire, or to ridicule. It had taken a toll on her and her friends in certain ways.  It was hard to joke around when their actions could easily be on some article the next day where Louis’ millions of fans were watching her every move as their role model or the girl they envied.  Even mothers had made a point as to remind her.