You!

“Thank you so much for such a great dinner,” Melina said after Darren paid for their meal, this time refusing to let Melina pay for anything.

Darren blushed as he ran a nervous hand through his blonde hair. “I would love to do it again sometime, but if you’re still having conflicts with your ex,”

“My ex?” Melina echoed.  “What about Rob?” Melina asked.

“Well, I mean, he must still care for you if he came all the way here to crash the date and all.” Darren explained. 

Melina gave a small laugh.  “That was not my ex,”

“It wasn’t?” Darren said, looking mightily confused now. 

“No, he’s just… he’s the,” Melina did not know how to explain what exactly Louis Tomlinson was to her. “A really annoying person that likes to mess with me,” she finally settled on. 

Darren only looked more confused. 

“I would love to go on another date,” Melina amended. 

Darren gave a wide grin.  “I’m not as boring as you expected, being a Chem nerd with Kent and all?” He joked. 

Melina genuinely laughed.  “No, you surprisingly are not,” She smiled back.  “At least not compared to Kent.” She joked.

Darren laughed this time because Kent really could go all nerdy about science.  “Let me walk you to your car,” He said afterwards, wanting to make sure that the night ended on a high note.

“Um actually,” Melina felt bad but she was going to have to decline. “I need to talk to someone and I don’t want to make you any later than you already are, considering you have lab tomorrow and all.” she sheepishly added.

“Oh,” Darren said deflated. 

Melina gave him an apologetic smile.  “Sorry,”

“No, no, it’s not a big deal, I guess I’ll just say goodnight to you now then.” Darren said amiably, waving it off. 

~~~

“Louis please stop doing that,” Zayn sighed while Louis was half out of his seat trying to spy on the poor girl and her date. 

“Oh crap!” Louis said immediately sitting down and began to busy himself with eating his own beef gnocchi. 

“What’s wrong?” Zayn asked but Louis didn’t get the chance to answer him because a shadow hovered over their table. He looked up to see the girl that Louis had been spying on all throughout dinner. 

“Louis Tomlinson,” Melina said, practically seething. “You, you!” Melina said not quite rude enough to say what she really thought in such a public space.  “I want my cell phone back!” Melina just resigned. “And for you to stop messing with my life. Darren’s a nice guy and you, you, are such an ass to him!” Melina pointed to Louis who had a shocked look on his face at being called an ass.  “Call my friend Eva’s phone tonight and tell me when you can return MY cell phone as I’m pretty sure you know how to get to my contacts too.” Melina said, pointedly glaring at him one last time before walking away. 

“Did she just call me an ass?” Louis asked, pouting.

“Yes and I don’t blame her, we barely know her Louis, yet you crashed and insulted her date within a minute. ” Zayn stated.

Louis made a face.  “He looks so dull though,”

“Louis!”

“Uh Zayn can I-”