Roll With It

“So where are we going?” Niall asked, having been pushed into the back seat by Louis. 

“Eva’s, she’s having a family gathering.” Melina answered, buckling up then giving Louis a look that told him to do the same or else. 

“Are you sure we’re invited?” Niall asked unsure.

Melina glanced over at Louis again, who was trying to look innocent.  He'd wormed his way through most of her family, especially her Mom, and somehow won her over, so her mother had suggested she take Louis with her because he should see all sides of America, being such an "adorable British boy".

“Eva’s family believes in the motto, the more the merrier.” She answered Niall, who nodded happily. 

~~~

“Good you’re here!” One of Eva’s cousins said, seeing Melina. 

“Hey Livie.” Melina hugged her.

“How are you?” Livie asked not looking at her, instead concentrating on wrapping a light lavender shawl around Melina’s hips. 

“What are you?” Melina asked as Livie tugged at the bottom of her old high school  jersey before pulling it over her head. 

Louis couldn’t help but laugh while he and Niall stood in the door way of Eva’s family home just watching Melina get the fastest makeover they’d ever seen in their life.  As soon as the Jersey came off, revealing a black spaghetti strap tank top, another older female came around and pulled Melina’s hair out of the pony tail. She began to finger comb through Melina's long auburn hair. Then styled it by messing it up again. 

“Ack, stop, Livie, Aunt Sarah!” Melina said as they began to apply makeup on her. 

~~~

Melina huffed, her bright red lips smacking together as she did so. 

Louis chuckled beside her as the two walked to the back yard together.  Niall had wandered off with Aunt Sarah at hearing the words “fresh homemade empanada”.

“So was that really your aunt?” Louis asked, opening the door for her.

“Not by blood, but by all other means, yes.”

Louis grinned, trying not to laugh as Melina tried to gather her hair, but her hair tie had been stolen by Livie.

“You look beautiful.”

Melina gazed up at him coolly before scoffing.  “Flattery’s getting you nowhere. I just went through five minutes of torture and violation of personal space to look like this.”

Louis shook his head at her, chuckling. 

Just as the two took a seat, one of Eva’s relatives came around trying to convince Melina to dance, but Melina refused having just sat down. 

“What about you boy?” another one of Eva’s numerous aunts asked. 

“Um,” Louis looked over at Melina. 

“Please take him!” Melina said practically shoving him out of his seat.  Next thing Louis knew, he was stumbling whilst he was dragged to the dance floor. 

Serve him right for just standing there laughing when Livie and Aunt Sarah attacked her.

~~~

“All he’s doing is shaking his butt, how is that dancing?” Melina asked, trying to shake Eva off her.

“I think it’s a rather cute but sad attempt,” Eva said looking back at Louis in the middle of her family gathering, where he was dancing with one of her aunts, trying to learn a very diluted Argentine Tango. “And at least he’s doing something, Miss Sitting on my Behind.” Eva glared at her.