Epilogue pt. II

"Hi Mom, Dad, Louis and I are here for Niall." Melina yelled as she entered the house with Louis in tow. 

"In the garage!" Melina's father yelled before it sounded like an engine going off. 

Melina and Louis both entered to their shocks, finding Niall and her father both grease stained and under the hood of the old Thunderbird Elias Hanas had been fixing up for years. 

"Hey you two," Elias Hanas grinned at them.  Louis walked right over to observe, saying a quick hello too.

"Hi dad," Melina called back before approaching them.  

"How about a hug?" Niall asked, grinning manically as he reached his arms out for her. 

"No, not like that are you giving me a hug," Melina did a rather teacher like finger motion that told him to stop right where he was, actually causing Louis to laugh as he was normally the recipient of such gestures seen on an elementary school teacher scolding her rambunctious student.

"Aw, come on Melina, you missed me didn't you?" Niall said before making fish lips as if to kiss her causing the auburn haired female to laugh. 

"Hey, lips to yourself!" Louis interjected causing them all to laugh.

~~~

"So pale," Mrs. Hanas tsked as she handed her daughter additional sunscreen. 

"Mom!" Melina exclaimed trying to give it back as she already had her own sunscreen to attend Ara's Rowing Regatta.  

"This one's for Niall, not you.  I know you've got your basis covered." She shook her head at her daughter. 

"Oh," Melina bit her lip before putting the sunscreen in her bag. 

"And really sweetie, those eyes of yours are so pretty, why don't you ever wear anything to make them really pop. Do you not own any makeup?"

"I borrow Eva's most of the time. What's the point of wearing any.  All I do is work out and go to work besides school."

Once more Miranda Hanas tsked in disappointment at her daughter.  "I told you Elias, we shouldn't have let her run around with the boys as a child.  Look at her! If you talk to her you would barely know she's a woman! My only daughter! I might as well have had three sons!"

"Mother!"

"I told your father all those years ago we shouldn't have let you run around with your brothers. And what did he tell me, no Miranda, it will be good for her.  She'll be a force to be reckon with." She dropped her voice to make it deeper.  With a sigh and ignoring her daughter's facepalm, she dug into her purse. "At least take this.  I just bought it the other day."

Melina looked down at the unopened tube of lipstick in her hand.  Looking up at the ceiling she resisted the urge to groan.  

Louis had been a silent spectator the whole time, watching Melina and her mother and their hilarious dynamic. 

"It's just so lucky you got your grandmother's unique hair.  So pretty on you... but you really do need to treat it better.   So dry," She muttered looking at the ends of Melina's aubrun hair. 

Melina just gave up as she blew out a breath of exasperated air.  She glanced over at Louis who was leaning against the counter with a grin.  She sighed as her eyes met his. 

She blinked though when Louis mouthed, "I love the way you are."

"I love you too," She mouthed back before throwing her hands up to try to stop her mother from pulling her hair into some intricate hairstyle.