A Good Morning

Melina groaned as her alarm went off at 5:30, telling her that she had an hour to get ready before her Biology lab. She blindly groped for her blasted alarm. It was only after knocking over her notepad that she finally found it. After pressing the large button, the incessant beeping ceased.  But it had done its job of alarming her of the time. After waking up somewhat more, Melina managed to grab her towel and some undergarments before heading to the shower, still half asleep and nearly stumbling into the door as she did so.    

~~~

Louis yawned as he got up, his sleeping schedule a bit skewed because of the slight jetlag, but honestly the flying back and forth was getting rid of some of the edge. 

Rather conscious, he headed straight to the kitchen to get a drink.  Opening the fridge, he immediately zeroed in on some orange juice.  Making himself rather at home, he grabbed a glass before pouring himself a generous amount. 

He propped his elbows on the kitchen counter as he faced the living room once more, taking a small sip.  Melina’s apartment really was quaint, but there were touches here and there that made him curious.  He wondered if it was Melina who had put the landscape picture up or her roommate. Looking around also made him realize that in all honesty, he still had so much of Melina to find out.  What kinds of foods did she love? What was her favorite outfit to wear- he nearly choked on his orange juice when Melina came walking out of the bathroom in her mere underwear  and bra, yawning all the while, her auburn hair piled up in a towel.

Hearing the sound of choking, Melina’s head whirled to where the noise came from.  Her grey orbs widened before she whipped her towel from her hair to quickly wrap it around her, effectively covering herself.  Holy- she forgot all about Louis!

With one more wide eyed look, she ran to her room, clutching her towel close to her body. “You saw nothing Louis Tomlinson!” She yelled behind her.

Louis covered his mouth as he placed his orange juice down, curling over in laughter.  That just made his morning.  Who knew jetlag had such perks.

~~~

Melina came out of her room in a pair of bootleg dark washed jeans and a light blue sleeveless turtleneck.  She tried to ignore Louis’ snicker as she began to make herself some raisin toast. 

“Morning beautiful.” Louis quipped, causing Melina to turn and glare at him. 

“You saw nothing,” She repeated. 

“I saw nothing,” Louis nodded in agreement.  “Though I have to say, the color navy really looks-”

“Louis!” Melina yelled causing him to laugh even harder as he stood up to get a plate from above her head.  While doing so, he pecked her cheek. 

Melina just glared at her toast, not bothering to stop him. Instead she decided to change the topic as she whirled around so that her back was to the toast.  She lightly placed her hand on Louis’ hip. 

“Yes?” Louis asked as he leaned over her, grinning. 

“I have lab soon, but I’ll be back in less than two hours.  So make yourself at home and,”

When Melina’s toasted raisin bread slices popped out of the toaster, Louis gingerly took one and nibbled on the corner. 

“Hey! My toast!” Melina said before smacking his chest.

Louis shrugged before offering the nibbled on toast to her. 

Melina made a face as she took his wrist to manuever the toast back into his mouth.  “No, no thank you, but, as I was saying,”