Hanas Annual Baseball Game

Throughout the next few days, Melina couldn’t help but look over her shoulder, just expecting Louis to pop out and surprise her. But he didn’t. 

Though that most certainly did not stop Louis from texting her constantly.  He would sometimes just text, other times, Louis actually sent pictures, of New York, the boys, and most often himself, so she wouldn’t forget his “handsome” face, his words not hers.

What made them all the better was that the other boys constantly photo bombed them.  Harry and Niall amongst the most though Zayn and Liam often made faces if they managed to be in the way of the pictures. 

Yet despite the fact that Louis wasn’t right there with her, she couldn’t seem to escape him. Ever since Lucy got to meet them that night, she would not stop talking about them nor playing their songs when it was her turn to play music. Not to mention Melina's own radio when she took a break from country.  Once, two channels were playing exactly the same song by them! So now she had One Direction stuck in her head! Ironically the verse was “get out, get out, get out of my head” oh the irony was killing her. 

~~~

“Pass the mashed potatoes!” Doran, her brother asked. 

“And more turkey too,” Carsten added.

Melina looked at her two brothers, both with their mouths full and still asking for more food.  “It’s a wonder you two ever get girlfriends.”

Carsten grinned at her with a mouthful of mashed potatoes. “Thankfully we’re so good looking, that most of them can get over our eating habits. Anyway, we’re heading off in a minute or two. Heading to the Astor’s for the rhubarb pie.”

“How have they not kicked you two from their house yet?”

“Bradley’s practically our triplet! So we’re basically family, they wouldn’t.” Doran explained.

“Although Ara does try all the time.” Carsten added. 

“I don’t blame her.” Melina sighed at them. 

“She never succeeds though.” Doran grinned. 

“You guys can’t make her play tomorrow.” Melina narrowed her eyes at them. 

“Of course we can!”

“No, no, no, after last year, you guys cannot make Ara play!”

“What are you going to do?” The asked her simultaneously.  “Anyway, Mel, who’s this Louis guy that you’ve been posting about all on facebook?” They asked her, a brotherly edge to their words. 

Melina could hear her dad cough and her mother huff at Louis’ name.  This only made her clamp her lips shut.  She knew she never should’ve friended her brothers. “Just some guy.”

“Some guy,” Carsten peered at her. 

“We never even got to beat up Rob,” Doran mentioned, now that they breached on the topic of Melina and her love life. 

“Oh don’t bother with that idiot.” Melina waved it away, thankful that they left the topic of Louis.  “He’s not worth it.”

"Well great, so what about this Louis?"

Melina groaned. 

~~~

Melina was helping her mother clean up the dishes when her cell phone chimed again, signaling a text message.  She was not all that surprised when it was from Louis. She took a look of the picture  then burst into laughter.