Blind Date... with Louis?

Melina made it back to her apartment to find her best friend sitting on her couch. 

“Eva?”

“Hey girl,” The dark haired girl smiled back at her.  Eva was half Argentinean, half Czech, and completely gorgeous.  Melina had long gotten past the point of feeling unpretty around Eva as the two had grown up together. Being slight outcasts as it was, both being from mixed families.  The Greeks and Czechs were very proud of their heritage and were unsure how to welcome the girls with their mixed parentage to their community, thus the two stuck together instead, bonding. Eva was as much a best friend as well as a sister, one that Melina desperately wanted having already two older brothers. 

Melina dropped her bag before crashing on the couch beside her.  “I’m so tired, please not tonight.” She groaned, knowing exactly what Eva wanted. 

“Come on, it won’t be that bad. This time it’s a guy that attends Organic Chemistry with Kent!”

Melina made a face. Organic Chemistry? Dear lord, someone save her now.

Eva huffed at Melina’s reluctance.  “Lina, you haven’t been with another guy since Rob, don’t let the last memory of the jerk ruin your fun.  I promise that you will have a blast on this date.”

“Eva, I already told you no more double dates!” Melina exclaimed.  "Not all of us can be lucky to be with a guy like Kent."

“I know, but you can’t just stay here watching How I Met Your Mother every night!” Eva yelled back.  “Plus he is seriously good looking I promise, Kent showed me a picture.”

“Eva you said that two dates ago, Hunter I believe, and that guy couldn’t keep his eyes off you the whole time or flirting with you.  I think Kent was ready to commit murder and I was all up for helping him.  The guy was a total tosser. ”

“Okay so Hunter was not one of my best choices I will admit, but this time Kent’s the one who is setting you up, and you trust him don’t you?” Eva leaned down to give Melina her best pleading look.

Melina closed her eyes before rolling towards the other direction and away from Eva’s pleading look. “Go away, I love you but go away and let me watch my show.” She moaned, trying for sympathy at least.

“I can’t…” Eva’s voice dropped a few pitches.  “ I already gave Kent the go ahead a few hours ago. So you have to go otherwise you’ll just embarrass the poor guy.”

“Evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Melina cried bolting from the couch.

“And my job is to help you get ready for tonight so that you can wow Darren.” Eva chirped, ignoring the glare that Melina was boring into her forehead. 

~~~

Hey Melina.

3:00

Are you ignoring me?

3:15

MELINA!

3:30

Okay fine, go ahead and ignore me.

3:31

Darren will be ten times better than Hunter or Lyle, I promise. 

3:58

Eva should know but BellaReeve @6:30  be there ok?

4:00

Crap Melina Eva’s not answering her phone, tell her that Darren and I literally just got assigned a giant project due by noon tomorrow. We can’t do date tonight.  Sorry.