『 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 』

┏━━━°•°°•°━━━┓

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, she was the inferior sister

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, she was the inferior sister. She was the one who struggled with rules. She hated Elementary School, she hated her adoptive parents' orders and she hated doing what everybody does.

Her sister Hayley, on the other hand, was more popular, successful, and patient. And it's not like the younger sister was too envious, or that Hayley was disappointed with Cassie in any way— They were opposites, and they put up with it.

But there was one thing they had in common; they were cursed with that same animalistic gene, or at least that was how Hayley chose to see it.

Cassie was terrified when she faced a brownish-colored wolf in the middle of her living room. The scream she let out was the last thing she remembered from that night. The next thing she remembered was her on the streets with her sister, all by themselves.

Months passed until the 13-year-old and 8-year-old girls fully understood what Hayley was, what it meant and how she became a wolf.

Hayley, while mothering Cassie like a good, orphan older sister would do, dreaded the moon she'd hurt her sister by accident when she'd turn into a wolf and would lose control over her senses. And like the good, little sister she was, Cassie always attempted to portray herself unbothered and fearless when the night of the full moon rolled in.

Frankly, Cassie never understood Hayley's disdain towards that side of her. She knew she was always in pain when the transition happened, and that the loss of control was unnerving for her, yet Cassie couldn't help but be jealous of her.

She wished she could lose control sometimes, run wild in the woods with nothing to hold her back. Let the chilling air around her push through the fur and water her big eyes.

The mere thought of that feeling made the pit of her stomach heat up with excitement, and her hands shake in anticipation. It was a sinful wish to hold onto, she knew, but she aspired to become a werewolf too one day, come the consequences of killing a human being.

And she had lost many nights' sleep over that monstrous wish.

Over time, she'd gathered herself a plan– one much less cruel than just killing an innocent person. She thought she could track down a bad person, perhaps a criminal, and find a way to poison him with one of the many poisonous herbs she'd learned of in her time spent wandering the woods alone on nights of full moons.

It was silly and highly unrealistic, but it was the plan of a little kid, and a girl could dream.

Alas, she was forced to toss her genius plan aside when her gene-trigger went down in a totally different way. A misfortune, even.