𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘟𝘟𝘐

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

༒ 𝑬𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔𝒆 ༒

• 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 21; 𝗠𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 •

Walking from the hall of the guest rooms, where the pack was all hosted, into the courtyard, Cassie frowned in confusion as she watched her sister standing by a table and munching on an array of fruit and other breakfast food. Only when she was a few meters away, Hayley's glance darted to her sister as her heels were clicking against the floor.

"Good morning." Hayley smiled softly at her sister as she swallowed the bite she took for a croissant. "How's the hangover?"

"Bearable." She shrugged with a quiet yawn before motioning with her head towards the table. "What's that all about?"

"I don't know. Woke up, came downstairs, and found this here. Not that I'm complaining though. You should really try the pastries." The older sister said and took another bite. She paused to chew it while Cassie leaned against the wall across from her sister, looking at her eating silently. "So, uh," She swallowed heavily, "I was meaning to ask you.."

"Please don't remind me." Cassie closed her eyes shut and sighed, disappointed that it actually happened and wasn't just a nightmare.

"I'm not judging or anything. It's just.. We weren't really speaking lately and I don't know what's up with you tw-"

"It's complicated." She cut her off and sighed again. "It really is, even though it's a total cliché."

"But he did kiss you in from of everyone yesterday.." Hayley pointed out.

"I told you not to remind me!" The alpha groaned and buried her head in her hands.

"..So, speak. Now." Hayley demanded.

Reluctantly, Cassie started to explain quietly. "We were starting.. Something."

"'Something'?"

"Something. We spent time together, we kissed a few- well, a little more than a few- kisses, but that's it. We didn't define anything, we didn't talk about it." Cassie claimed in frustration.

"And are you sure you two are on the same page?" Hayley questioned as she kept stealing more fruits from the table's offered food. "I mean, even a blind man could see that he's crazy about you, and you.. Well, what do you feel?"

"I don't know what I feel." Cassie admitted quietly.

"Does Elijah has anything to do with it?" Hayley hesitantly asked in a low voice, unaware if Elijah is anywhere in the compound and could hear them.