𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

༒ 𝑬𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔𝒆 ༒

• 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 17; 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗳 •

Bring out the tissues :(

They say grief occurs in five stages. They look different on all of us, but there is always five.

First, there's denial - you're numb. You're shocked. You refuse to believe it is the last time you will see the one you love, fading away in your arms.

Following right after, there's anger. You're mad. Furious even. Whether you're angry at the one you loved for leaving you so soon and so fast, or you're angry at those who you consider responsible for that loss.

Then comes bargaining, when there's a pair of words under the spotlight; 'If only'. We want to do things differently. We want to be given another chance, to be better, to prevent this death. But we can't, and that's what leads us to the next stage.

Depression. There comes a time when our imaginations calm down and we slowly start to look at the reality of our present situation. Bargaining no longer feels like an option and we are faced with what is happening. And this is most likely to be the most painful stage of them all.

And lastly, comes acceptance. We are no longer resisting the reality of our situation, and we are not struggling to make it something different. It hurts to admit that this is your life now - life without the person you'd forever cherish in your head.

But grief is a merciless master. Just when you think you're free, you realize you never stood a chance.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Adjusting the shirt she threw on herself just a few minutes ago when she returned to be a human again, Cassie rushed into the courtyard of the compound in determination, prepared to find Klaus or Elijah to ask them if Hayley came back home last night. Since Cassie has noticed Hayley's absence, she couldn't think about any other thing. Not even when she ran in the woods with her pack, and not even when she separated ways with them and wandered on her own through the trees and the plants.

However, she was taken aback by the way the compound looked; Dead and injured vampires were lying all over the floor, blood splashed and dripped on the walls, and even the fountain in the center was filled with blood. She tried to walk closer and look for the Mikaelsons or any other person she knows, but it seems like her feet betrayed her and she kept stumble.