𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘟𝘟𝘟𝘝

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

༒ 𝑬𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔𝒆 ༒

• 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 35; 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 •

Heartbreak is great pain and stress on both the brain and body. It is a strong biological phenomenon that can't be measured. It is grief that comes in waves, grueling, stealing appetite and sleep alike. It is a shard in your guts that never leaves, though perhaps in time the edges will dull. It feels like death just the same as bereavement and in quiet moments it chokes the breath from your body and short circuits your mind. What was once whole is shattered; where once was peace is emptiness, echoes of love you put your everything into.

They say people turn on the one they feel safest with, make them the target instead of those that might warrant it. You know they will forgive, they will love and protect at all cost. They will be there.

But what happens when they won't?

Heartbreak, they call it.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Up in the bell tower of the church, where she has moved the memorial for her father from the cemetery to a table, Freya was standing in the room full of candles with a gloomy look on her face, a result of the loss of her father after he was murdered by the hands of her bastard brother. She was sensing someone coming in before he even made it to the entrance, and she was quick to speak up. "I had a feeling I would be seeing you."

Out of the shadows came Elijah, holding a small knife in his hands with a calmness that he brought with him whenever he went. "I understand you built a marker for Father. I wish to contribute this."

He put the knife on the table in front of her, letting her examine it with a small smile. "How did you..?"

"Niklaus stole it from Mikael long ago. He used it to carve these tiny little wooden figurines for Rebekah and myself." He let a faint smile grace his lips as he relived the memories of their childhood for a short moment, "Like your own, his was not a happy childhood. Art was something of a sanctuary for Niklaus. It remains so to this day."

"Do you tell me this so I might sympathize with him, as you do incessantly?" She rolled her eyes and questioned with a sigh. "I assume Rebekah gave you my ultimatum."

"I don't accept ultimatums, nor will I make a choice between yourself and Niklaus." He replied calmly.

"You're making a great mistake, seeing Klaus' intentions as pure." She chuckled and told.